Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Standard and Collector's Edition Cover Art Revealed

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Standard and Collector's Edition Cover Art Revealed within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #9
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
Hope there are more features announced than just a jacket ceremony.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:17 PM   #10
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Standard and Collector's Edition Cover Art Revealed

This game could be so awesome if they put forth the effort.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
Given this DLC money-grab philosophy is pretty much standard for EA now, why so surprised? Although this green jacket nonsense is taking it to new greed levels I suppose.
So you think the CE only adds the Green Jacket ceremony? Sorry, but the CE adds 5 courses to the standard game so I dont know how you can call this a "DLC money-grabbing philosophy".......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
Hope there are more features announced than just a jacket ceremony.
This is just the cover art announcement. I expect there will be a few more features to talk about when they are set to announce them.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 24
Thumbs down Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Standard and Collector's Edition Cover Art Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
This game could be so awesome if they put forth the effort.
The Devs on this game are notoriously lazy. The lack of important patches every year is a good indication of not caring and the minor patches they do give us takes months to put out. Last year the EA site stated they went on vacation for a few weeks the day after the game came out. I know games are alot of work but after launch you better be at work for a few weeks just in case there's a major bug or server issues (MW3 and WWE 12 is a good example of server problems after launch). You just don't take off unless you don't give a **** about problems. That shows how much they care about the customers.

And basic gameplay improvements like getting rid of rubberband AI and implementing meterless putting took years to finally get in the game. People have been bitching for years about lack of playoff holes and cartoonish pin placements and they ignore it or figure it's more trouble than it's worth. I'll give 10 to 1 odds that neither of those issues have been fixed for TW13 but hey we get a green jacket ceremony if you win the Masters, (BTW a tie is good enough ) and pay a little extra.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 12-01-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 19

My biggest gripe about this game is how many times do I have to buy the same add on courses.

I upgraded last year do to the masters getting in after all these years.

I can afford to download this stuff it's just the principle of the deal....when we had Links on the PC 10 years ago every time MS put out a new version my old course packs transferred to the updated game.

It wont happen but I believe that the premium edition of the game should come with all the dlc courses included.

Was there not talk before the ea season ticket deal came out that you might get some dlc perks along with that program ?
Old 12-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
The Devs on this game are notoriously lazy. The lack of important patches every year is a good indication of not caring and the minor patches they do give us takes months to put out. Last year the EA site stated they went on vacation for a few weeks the day after the game came out. I know games are alot of work but after launch you better be at work for a few weeks just in case there's a major bug or server issues (MW3 and WWE 12 is a good example of server problems after launch). You just don't take off unless you don't give a **** about problems. That shows how much they care about the customers.

And basic gameplay improvements like getting rid of rubberband AI and implementing meterless putting took years to finally get in the game. People have been bitching for years about lack of playoff holes and cartoonish pin placements and they ignore it or figure it's more trouble than it's worth. I'll give 10 to 1 odds that neither of those issues have been fixed for TW13 but hey we get a green jacket ceremony if you win the Masters, (BTW a tie is good enough ) and pay a little extra.
Lazy? Um, no. Developing a title with a limited budget (compared to other sports games like Madden/FIFA and FPS shooters), yes.

I have spoken to one of the individuals who attended the TW13 Community Day back in Sept/Oct and he told me that the Caddy issue and pin placements were receiving an overhaul mainly due to the all new swing mechanic they are introducing to TW13. Playoffs were also mentioned by the TW 13 CD members, but I have not received any feedback on this yet. Like you though, I will wait to see what they have done with my own eyes when I visit Tiburon a couple of months before the game is finished.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
Given this DLC money-grab philosophy is pretty much standard for EA now, why so surprised? Although this green jacket nonsense is taking it to new greed levels I suppose.
If that's the only thing that I'm paying for, EA better come and put the damn jacket on my back themselves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »