Home

MLB 12 The Show Features 14 New Umpires With All New Personalities and Other Tidbits

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Features 14 New Umpires With All New Personalities and Other Tidbits within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #9
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 12 The Show Features 14 New Umpires With All New Personalities and Other Tidb

Does anyone know how many different umpire rotations are in MLB 11: The Show?

We gotta get a Wiki page on these guys.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 12 The Show Features 14 New Umpires With All New Personalities and Other Tidb

I agree this game is due for Madden-ish grass. The green carpet is getting a bit stale and boy would that enhance the look of the game. That's the one truly artificial looking thing remaining in The Show.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 28
I am hoping for classic teams, more classic uniforms and stadiums as well as a presentation upgrade.

Best sports game in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #12
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

New umpire personalities are definitely a great addition. Not to be picky and play a Debbie Downer, but I think it also depends on the implementation. How much does each umpire's uniqueness stick out? That's to be seen... As I understand the personality differences have been there all this time, but they may have been not pronounced enough for us to notice as much.

Anyways, great to hear this news.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #13
Rookie

zkiesel's Arena

OVR: 0
This game keeps making me wish I had gone for a PS3 and not a 360...
Old 12-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #14
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
I just want them to fix the frame rate issues in night games. The lag that is evident when the ball leaves the pitchers hand needs to be addressed. It is most obvious when using the view behind the pitcher. There is no lag what so ever in day games, and spring training games are great, but the night game issues made me sell the game last year.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #15
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Does anyone know how many different umpire rotations are in MLB 11: The Show?

We gotta get a Wiki page on these guys.
I'm pretty sure it's 4 but I'm not 100% sure. The thing is in The Show 10 (not sure about any versions before) the strike zones were pretty well defined and you knew what you could do. For some reason in The Show 11 the umpires weren't calling games that well. One pitch would be called a strike and if that same pitch was thrown again it wouldn't be. It's just as managers in baseball say "I don't care what the strike zone is, just be consistent." I didn't feel it was that way in 11. Something changed about that area of the game. Hopefully for 12 they will get it on the right track again because I absolutely love how they have this feature. It really puts this game over the top IMO. It just adds so much realism when it's done well.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2011, 03:57 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 4

Yeah new grass with more realistic coloring as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »