Home

MLB 12 The Show Features 14 New Umpires With All New Personalities and Other Tidbits

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Features 14 New Umpires With All New Personalities and Other Tidbits within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #17
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB 12 The Show Features 14 New Umpires With All New Personalities and Other Tidb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
I'm pretty sure it's 4 but I'm not 100% sure. The thing is in The Show 10 (not sure about any versions before) the strike zones were pretty well defined and you knew what you could do. For some reason in The Show 11 the umpires weren't calling games that well. One pitch would be called a strike and if that same pitch was thrown again it wouldn't be. It's just as managers in baseball say "I don't care what the strike zone is, just be consistent." I didn't feel it was that way in 11. Something changed about that area of the game. Hopefully for 12 they will get it on the right track again because I absolutely love how they have this feature. It really puts this game over the top IMO. It just adds so much realism when it's done well.
lol really, sounds like baseball to me
Old 12-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #18
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 12 The Show Features 14 New Umpires With All New Personalities and Other Tidb

I wanna hear more about the improvements to both Road to the Show and Franchise. Mostly Trade Logic in both modes because last year the Trade Logic was terrible.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #19
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
Yeah new grass with more realistic coloring as well.
I second this. The screenshots would suggest the grass didn't get any love but its too early to tell. They might be still working on it and implementing it later in the development cycle.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #20
Rookie

snugglyirishman's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I wanna hear more about the improvements to both Road to the Show and Franchise. Mostly Trade Logic in both modes because last year the Trade Logic was terrible.
I'm also hoping they fix the Free Agency contracts...it sucks to finally get to your first Free Agency period in RTTS and you get no offers and you have to try out for a team even though you're ranked #1 in your position.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #21
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

Not only does this mean for behind the plate but on the bases as well. At least this is my common sense thinking doing its thing. Also more umpires means we "should" have all area's covered in the post season.

This will make it better, think about it..

if in fact we get to see all... what total... 18 or so Umpires in a season and one of us is dedicated or obsessive enough to chart each ones zones or whatever it is that makes them different what if just IF... they made it possible that we would end up getting the best of the best for the post season....

maybe even a different mix of the whole package for each level of playoffs...

not that i have any idea what I'm talking about just speculating and rambling and wishing and hoping and all that... or whatever.. however it works out... it is better for us and the game...

can't wait to see if i get thrown out of a game or to see if a pitcher/catcher get in the face of the umpires for bad calls or what not...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #22
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I want this too, more important than new cleats.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 12-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #23
Rookie

pj_28's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
I'm pretty sure it's 4 but I'm not 100% sure. The thing is in The Show 10 (not sure about any versions before) the strike zones were pretty well defined and you knew what you could do. For some reason in The Show 11 the umpires weren't calling games that well. One pitch would be called a strike and if that same pitch was thrown again it wouldn't be. It's just as managers in baseball say "I don't care what the strike zone is, just be consistent." I didn't feel it was that way in 11. Something changed about that area of the game. Hopefully for 12 they will get it on the right track again because I absolutely love how they have this feature. It really puts this game over the top IMO. It just adds so much realism when it's done well.
To me that depends on the umpire, some umps in baseball are regularly graded as the worst in the league and are known to have inconsistent strike zones (CB Bucknor and Joe West) and others are very consistent (Jim Joyce and Jim Wolf). If they do what happens in FIFA and they tell you who is behind the plate you would learn what umps are consistent and what umps are going to make you pull your hair out.

I hope that if they do get Joe West they have one of his country tracks play every time he ejects someone.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:24 PM   #24
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13
Please please please add a MLB 2K style presentation.....PLEASE!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »