Home

WWE '12: Universe Mode Overview

This is a discussion on WWE '12: Universe Mode Overview within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
WWE '12: Universe Mode Overview

WWE ’12 is out, and rabid wrestling gamers have been putting it through the paces over the last week plus. The feature set is deep in this year’s game; Road to Wrestlemania, online play, exhibition play and the deepest creation suite out there. But the mode that might be the most overlooked is Universe.

Universe mode allows your own WWE to begin, living and breathing, on your console. The steps to begin a Universe can be as deep or easy as you want it to be. You can just start stock or edit it to your heart’s content. I immediately got rid of the spinner belt and the old Intercontinental title, replacing both with older titles (WCW Title and the Classic I-C belt). After you have the titles set up, it’s time to set up which shows you want to “air.” I have Raw on Mondays; Impact Wrestling (thanks to the creations download from Xbox Live) on Thursday; Nitro on Friday. Nitro is taking the Smackdown roster, but has the WCW logo, title and ring. The level of detail here is staggering. Any arena you want to use, any show name, anything you want is basically at your disposal.

Read More - WWE '12: Universe Mode Overview
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
man I can't wait til I get this. Universe mode sounds pretty great. I hear some people are having some minor issues though. Mainly with guys who are in the free agents showing up on cards anyway. But I say hey just edit the match, problem solved. Overall, looking forward to this
probably getting it for Christmas
Old 12-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
I just started playing yesterday and I'm already hooked on Universe Mode. It's a definite blast. Brock Lesnar has started up a feud with The Rock after Lesnar ran down and put a beating on "The Great One" before his match with The Miz.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Is there a limit on this, does it run for "one year" or can you just keep going and going? I am leaning towards picking this up, or letting someone get it for me for xmas. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
MVP

Molarmite's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: WWE '12: Universe Mode Overview

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Is there a limit on this, does it run for "one year" or can you just keep going and going? I am leaning towards picking this up, or letting someone get it for me for xmas. Thanks in advance.
It goes on forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #6
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
I've been disappointed with wrestling titles since the days of No Mercy & Wrestlemania 2000. Every title since has failed to live up to those games. This one has me interested though. Might have to give it a rent to try it out.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
I'm with Retropyro on the disappointment side, but I believe no game has lived up to the Smackdown! Series for the Playstation/Playstation 2. The Smackdown VS Raw were okay, but there was just some things missing that shouldn't have been and those things became even more imminent on the next-gen systems. Unable to connect all the backstage areas for a Falls Count Anywhere match has always been a killer for me and that's that reason I don't buy wrestling games every single year.

I personally preferred GM Mode over WWE Universe because you were actually doing something. You were trying to beat the other shows. Sure, you have complete control with WWE Universe on virtually everything and that's great for people who wanna do that. I think it was a huge mistake getting rid of GM Mode (I was terrible at it, never beat the other shows in ratings but it was just so much fun).
Old 12-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: WWE '12: Universe Mode Overview

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I personally preferred GM Mode over WWE Universe because you were actually doing something. You were trying to beat the other shows. Sure, you have complete control with WWE Universe on virtually everything and that's great for people who wanna do that. I think it was a huge mistake getting rid of GM Mode (I was terrible at it, never beat the other shows in ratings but it was just so much fun).
I think they ought to combine the two. One of the big things missing from Universe is the granularity of information. The "News" section gives nothing. The information on match records, feuds, current momentum etc. is either hard to find, missing, or not grouped together to present any kind of overall picture of what the Universe looks like.

Also, I'd love it if matches were rated, if I could get details over what happened in matches I simmed (where's my highlights?), and reports, reports, reports! Why not?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »