Home

2K Sports Welcomes Back Basketball, Purchase NBA 2K12 For $39.99

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Welcomes Back Basketball, Purchase NBA 2K12 For $39.99 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
2K Sports Welcomes Back Basketball, Purchase NBA 2K12 For $39.99

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

2K Sports Welcomes Back Basketball

Celebrates return of NBA basketball with Christmas Day game simulations and discounts on NBA 2K12

New York, NY – December 8, 2011 – 2K Sports announced today plans to release NBA Christmas Day game simulations and promotional holiday discounts for NBA® 2K12, the latest iteration of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*. NBA 2K12 will provide full-game simulations of the Christmas Day match-ups between the Knicks-Celtics, Mavericks-Heat, Lakers-Bulls, Thunder-Magic and Warriors-Clippers, offering fans a first look at how the action could unfold on December 25, 2011. In addition to the game simulations, 2K Sports is celebrating the holiday season by partnering with Amazon.com to offer deep discounts on NBA 2K12 from December 8-11, 2011.

“It sure feels like Christmas has arrived early here at 2K Sports,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “We’re obviously thrilled that NBA basketball is set to return, so we are offering several ways for fans to join us in our excitement.”

Using NBA 2K12’s innovative NBA Today feature, stats, rosters, schedules and ratings will all be updated for the start of the NBA season, reflecting real-time events from actual NBA games. Players can expect everything in NBA 2K12 to mirror what’s happening in the league, from rookie signings and free agency movement, right down to the players’ newest shoes.

NBA 2K12 Product Discounts
Starting today and lasting through December 11, Amazon.com will offer NBA 2K12 for $39.99 on Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system, a $20 dollar discount from the suggested retail price of $59.99. Additionally, for a limited time, 2K Sports will sell NBA 2K12 for the iPhone and iPad for the discounted prices of $2.99 and $4.99, respectively. These discounts come at the perfect time for fans of the series, or for that gamer on anyone’s holiday shopping list.

Christmas Day Game Simulations
During the week of December 19, 2K Sports will use full-length video from NBA 2K12 to simulate the results of all five NBA games played on Christmas Day. These video clips will provide a realistic and compelling visual prediction of the day’s main events. To view, fans should go to Facebook.com/NBA2K.

Unique Add-On Content
Legends Showcase*, the downloadable add-on content for NBA® 2K12, is now available to be downloaded via PlayStation®Network or Xbox LIVE® for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Legends Showcase creates a truly unique basketball experience for all fans, featuring a new, cell-shaded art style set in New York City’s iconic Times Square.

About NBA 2K12
Fans can now take control of 15 hoops icons, including Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, and Julius Erving in NBA 2K12’s all new NBA’s Greatest mode. Each of these 15 basketball legends were meticulously recreated with an uncanny level of detail, including period-specific depictions of their arenas, team uniforms, signature moves, and even historically accurate broadcast presentation styles. NBA 2K12 also features a revamped shooting mechanic with Total Shot Stick Control and an all-new post-play system, which allow fans to experience an unprecedented basketball simulation.

NBA 2K12 is now available at leading video game retailers nationwide for Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Wii™ system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system and Games for Windows®.

*Add-on content. Requires NBA 2K12 to play.

NBA 2K12 is rated E for Everyone by theESRB. For more information on 2K Sports, visit www.2KSports.com. For more information on NBA 2K12, visit www.facebook.com/NBA2K.

2K Sports is a division of 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Sure would be nice if people who got this game on release day or before this price drop got something as well like 20 bucks worth of MS Points or PSN vouchers...............Oh well..cool for those who held out this long.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: 2K Sports Welcomes Back Basketball, Purchase NBA 2K12 For $39.99

This might tempt me to take the dive

Sucks for those who bought it day 1

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 12-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
This might tempt me to take the dive

Sucks for those who bought it day 1
yes it does my friend, yes it does lol
Old 12-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7
Very questionable choice of players for the trailer (Random), when I think about reasons why I'm glad basketball is back, Demar Derozan, Chase Budinger and Wesley Johnson do not come to mind. and I'm kinda upset I paid full price now..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #6
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
if i knew i could have waited and gotten it cheaper so shortly after release i would have. Especially since i'm restarting my Association anyway once the opening day rosters come out.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #7
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Wow.....Derozan getting some love in that vid.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #8
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

This should help those sales numbers.

I didn't pay a cent for either of my copies of 2K12 thanks to trade-in deals, so I'm not bothered by this, as 2K typically drops the price of its games to $39.99 after a few months. It's a smart move, something I wish EA would do. I recall seeing NHL 11, new, for full price a week before 12 was released.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »