Home

MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #65
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

Commentary and adjusting some of the presentation.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #66
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

Unfortunately I just can't invest in a Vita this second (we'll see when it actually comes out though lol, I can see myself jumping right in line for one), but this is just too much to pass up, it seems! The real kicker for me will be if we can do in-game saves and we can upload to online storage instantly (PS+ feature). That would be nice, as I don't think I'll always have hour long breaks when "on the road" or wherever I am.

That would be one freaky cool new toy to have. It's just shameful that they're already talking about PS4, but damn SCEA, you're going to make this one expensive March!

I did not hear one negative thing that was said in that article. I'm hoping to get a Move for Christmas, so I'd like to explore more of that most definitely. The presentation stuff basically just makes me go numb when I start reading about it, too lol. If only it happens as I hope, things are just starting to sound even better and better! The ball physics, though... YEEEEE!!

I'm still hoping there's time to work on the stadium color palettes (see avy), but if that can't make it, at least many other major things are!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 12-09-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #67
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

I just hope the Commentary and Presentation really did get a complete overhaul and not just a small upgrade with new colors.

I guess I will find out soon and hope I will not be disappointed for another year.

All I am hoping for is a Presentation that could fool someone into thinking they are watching a MLB.tv broadcast instead of a video game.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #68
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Unfortunately I just can't invest in a Vita this second (we'll see when it actually comes out though lol, I can see myself jumping right in line for one), but this is just too much to pass up, it seems! The real kicker for me will be if we can do in-game saves and we can upload to online storage instantly (PS+ feature). That would be nice, as I don't think I'll always have hour long breaks when "on the road" or wherever I am.

That would be one freaky cool new toy to have. It's just shameful that they're already talking about PS4, but damn SCEA, you're going to make this one expensive March!

I did not hear one negative thing that was said in that article. I'm hoping to get a Move for Christmas, so I'd like to explore more of that most definitely. The presentation stuff basically just makes me go numb when I start reading about it, too lol. If only it happens as I hope, things are just starting to sound even better and better! The ball physics, though... YEEEEE!!

I'm still hoping there's time to work on the stadium color palettes (see avy), but if that can't make it, at least many other major things are!

The stadium color palettes have been the same for like ever so I do not expect Sony to change them now.

But like you Blzer I wish they would change it because the grass seems to light and faded if that makes any sense.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3

Glad the presentation is getting some work. I got a little tired of the crowd lamenting after every ball.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
While I agree that presentation and commentary are important, I am disappointed that those are the highlighted areas of improvement this year. I hope the developers take the time to sim 15-20 years, stopping every offseason and checking roster mgmt (such as free agent signings, handling of rosters, etc). Make sure financial rules work properly and that trades are tightened up as much as possible. The last several years we've had to wait for a couple of patches to address things such as FA's being unsigned, and that sort of thing. I know it isn't going to be perfect but I would much rather see significant time spent on franchise stuff than making sure it mimics a TV broadcast. Crossing my fingers.
This is exactly right. Commentary was old, but not broken. The free agent system and trade logic IS broken. I really would have liked to hear something regarding this. It is not that reassuring that the "number one focus this year" is presentation and commentary. In my current franchise, year 2016, Felix Hernandez is a free agent and no team can afford to sign him because they are all bankrupt.

I wonder what all this new commentary would have to say about THAT.

I say fix what is broken. Make that a main focus.

Dont everyone yell at me just yet, the article has some wonderful news. I just know what I have learned over the last two editions, and that every year is a new gimmick. 2010 year of the catcher. 2011 new pitching and hitting controls with the stick. 2012 playstation move and vita. Still no franchise news. Patiently (not so) waiting for all the information to arrive, but doubt is growing.

Hope I eat my words.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #71
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
wow, just wow.

granted when u play in franchise, you hear the same stories for your team.
I think there should be some sort of code that knows which team u chose, and then limits that teams stories/anecdotes.
But most overrated?
Good god, its light years above anything out there.
Have u heard ANY of the Madden's?, FIFA? Tiger? Fight Night?
Yuck lol
To each his own, but to me, its no contest.
I'll will take NCAA Basketball 10 dual commentary and presentation over all games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2011, 12:20 PM   #72
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Anybody heard if we getting new or more equipment choices this year?? Also, anything about fielding gloves being fixed?? (Where every pitcher/infielder doesn't have trapeze style web and every outfielder doesn't have open style web)
It looks like there are a couple new generic options for cleats and batting gloves, but I read in a thread a few weeks ago that licensed gear was going to be in the game. Waiting for screen shots of that to confirm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »