Home

MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview - Play 162 Game Season With Playstation Move

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview - Play 162 Game Season With Playstation Move within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2011, 02:47 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview - Play 162 Game Season With Playstation Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
it'd be nice if they would allow us to play something other than 162 game seasons. How about letting us shorten the season so that instead of playing 3 game series you can play 2 or even 1 for a really short season. I can never make it through a full season, i hate to sim games and 162 games is just so much to play.
This has already been an option for at least a couple of years. I already sold 2011 in preparation to buy 2012, so I can't tell you where it is, but I promise you... it's in there.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:48 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview - Play 162 Game Season With Playstation Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Matt
I bought a different one then this and it worked OK. But my son took it outside and used it as a lightsaber so it's broken now...
This is hilarious.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:23 AM   #19
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

I know that SCEA is obviously a Sony company, and Move is a Sony product, but this is not a feature for die-hard console fans or baseball fans.

Yes, you get to swing a bat but it will never replicate the true "live" experience and playing with a control in this scenario ironically does it more justice.

I am sure Sony is making them make this, but I think other things should come as priority. Just my 2 cents.

However still very cool for those who will enjoy it.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:32 AM   #20
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
Yes, you get to swing a bat but it will never replicate the true "live" experience and playing with a control in this scenario ironically does it more justice.
You can say this to all video games though. It will never be the replications of real stuff. Yet the Move will provide another console gaming experience by itself is unique, that's for sure...

I don't know if you've used Move before, but I'm quite impressed by the controller. The HR derby in MLB11 was a letdown but I think you see what I mean if you've played Table Tennis in Sports Champions.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #21
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Remember companies (Sony in this case) always try to sell their product to a broader audience to increase sales. SCEA always listens to us hardcore fans but ofcourse also have to keep sales in mind otherwise this game won't get another chance upcoming years.

I must say I've never been interested in the move. Hearing about the little lag and the fact you only could see a floating bat kept me from even trying. But now hearing you see the actual player I'm getting curious, if the lag is gone as well I will definitely give it a try! Having friends over and swing for the fences with your favourite player in homerun derby (or the actual game in '12) will be a blast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #22
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
The whole Move integration is very exciting and as usual I hate to be the pessimist but I am not a fan of Move (nor do I own it). When I get home from a long day, I am happy to be a couch potato pressing (and totally mis timing) X for a swing.

I'd love to see the analog functions better defined for example and the entirely new ball physics has me drooling.

Sure there is huge potential in this but I am just hoping there are enough improvements to keep us core (and perhaps boring) players interested.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #23
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Remember companies (Sony in this case) always try to sell their product to a broader audience to increase sales. SCEA always listens to us hardcore fans but ofcourse also have to keep sales in mind otherwise this game won't get another chance upcoming years.

I must say I've never been interested in the move. Hearing about the little lag and the fact you only could see a floating bat kept me from even trying. But now hearing you see the actual player I'm getting curious, if the lag is gone as well I will definitely give it a try! Having friends over and swing for the fences with your favourite player in homerun derby (or the actual game in '12) will be a blast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
The whole Move integration is very exciting and as usual I hate to be the pessimist but I am not a fan of Move (nor do I own it). When I get home from a long day, I am happy to be a couch potato pressing (and totally mis timing) X for a swing.

I'd love to see the analog functions better defined for example and the entirely new ball physics has me drooling.

Sure there is huge potential in this but I am just hoping there are enough improvements to keep us core (and perhaps boring) players interested.

You too are both right!...
There is definitely a balance they have to and are working to maintain.
It's "easier" for me to get a vibe for this....because I get to talk to the devs and relay our suggestions...and I get a peek into their plans sometimes.

Keep the faith, not only for '12 but beyond!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #24
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
This has already been an option for at least a couple of years. I already sold 2011 in preparation to buy 2012, so I can't tell you where it is, but I promise you... it's in there.
ok good, i didn't buy last years game so i'm still actually trying to finish my season from the game 2 years ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »