Home

Where Football Games Should be in 2011

This is a discussion on Where Football Games Should be in 2011 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Where Football Games Should be in 2011

Over the years, the Madden franchise has remained a staple not only amongst sports gamers, but also in American sports culture. Despite being held back year after year by nagging gameplay issues, Madden has continued to succeed in large part due to exclusiveness. However, that same exclusiveness is a big reason why football gaming as a whole has yet to reach the heights of other major sports games.

I’m not interested in debating which football games would be superior in an open NFL-gaming market, but I find myself dreaming of a gaming landscape where competition exists and thus drove innovation in all football games.

Here are four things that I am almost certain would exist in this alternate universe of games on the gridiron if the exclusivity of Madden were to vanish.

Read More - Where Football Games Should be in 2011
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
I figured we would have physics in football by now like backbreaker. Maybe next year with he inclusion of Fifa using a sytem of this type but i think football should have been at the top of the list in this catagory being so much interaction between players. Also penalties i hought at this point wouldhave been an afterthought. One thing i would like to return is all the qb"s cadences i thought it was a nice touch of realism. I just want the players to seem like they have more awareness and more importantly awareness of whats happening. Emotion is the name of the fame with football and it just seems dead people walking around the field like its mid town manhattan no interaction with each other and when they do it seems forced. Hopefully madden can make a huge leap
Old 12-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
Rookie

everydaygorship's Arena

OVR: 4
#1 Lineman interaction this needs soooo much work.
#2 Online Franchise to have same or better features than Offline
#3 Make animations like 2k, having specifics for stars/each skill level, size, and ratings.
#4 Better scouting i.e. kinda like in NCAA.
#5Gameplay updates/TUNER SETS?!?!?
#5 Please EAsports/tiburon take some pride and don't lie to us/yourselves
Old 12-12-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Passing should have advanced more by this point. NFL Fever was the most advanced with their passing. It was a head of its time and I would like to see it implement in Madden.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12
* QB vision shouldn't have been scraped. It really gives a feel to how well a QB sees down field and how he is aware of his receivers...separates peyton manning from should i say josh freeman

* Real time physics (with no players that just look like they just died after contact) developers do not even need to work on tackle animations because they would always be different and they can just put all the work on coverages, blitzes, routes, different play styles, franchise mode, commentary, stats overlays,

If these can be implemented into a football game with a Madden camera view we could possible see the greatest football game ever

Im not trying to troll or anything but if Backbreaker put maddens camera view, had the NFL license and added signature styles and fixed a little bit of stuff this thread wouldn't even exist!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Where Football Games Should be in 2011

Practicing situations and game plans in practices mode.
Truly adaptive AI on defense.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:46 PM   #7
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by everydaygorship
#1 Lineman interaction this needs soooo much work.
It's 2011 and long past the time that this should have been nailed.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think this list of missed things is huge:
1- Better sound, i.e. announcing, gameplay chatter, stadium
2- Better graphics, players still look like robots
3-Slowing down the computer hiking the ball so you can reset ur D and read the CPU's offense
4-Adaptive AI, if I run the ball 10 times in a row, the CPU should be loading the box
5-Slow the game down
6-interactive sidelines
7-More stat overlays
8-Better CPU gameplanning, the CPU just doesn't play real, the games are close b/c they come up with some cheeser play. Where are the long drives
9-More realistic secondary, the backs swap the ball 15 times a game, when do you ever see that in the NFL, again its something else cheesy to keep keep the games close

I could probably go on forever. The thing that really sticks out to me, is when I read that IGN preview of MLB 12, they talk about how the development team oozes baseball, and how much these guys love the sport and their product. You don't see any of that with Madden. If there were no exclusivity, this game would be dead

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »