Home

MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Pujols, Reyes, Buehrle, Papelbon, Bell, Wilson

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Pujols, Reyes, Buehrle, Papelbon, Bell, Wilson within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Pujols, Reyes, Buehrle, Papelbon, Bell, Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
It looks like the rock at Angels Stadium were not improved to look like actualy rocks.
There is a major memory limitation on hardware that's almost 6 years old. They can't have ultra high resolution textures for everything, so they did what any logical person would do - made the textures high res on the major focal points of the game - the players, the uniforms, etc...
Old 12-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #18
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
It looks like the rock at Angels Stadium were not improved to look like actualy rocks.
Haha that what my first reaction as well. I think it really comes down to hardware/memory limitations of the PS3. Oh well I'll hit some cracks in the rocks with Pujols next year
Old 12-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #19
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
To me it looks like the same "dreads" he and everyone who has dreads had in the game last year. which I guess means they didnt add realistic looking dreads for players again this year. or at least havent added them yet.
yea you could be right, they just aren't hanging out of the helmet in the screenshot so i figured they decided to give him shorter dreads since in real life his dreads are much longer. But you're probably right.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #20
Rookie

The new Marlins uniform shouldn't have its stripes so thick like that!! They are very thin stripes in real life.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:00 PM   #21
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 12 The Show Screenshots - Pujols, Reyes, Buehrle, Papelbon, Bell, Wilson

My goodness.. I didn't even notice the sweat on Albert's cap until I saw that comment on the first page, AMAZING detail you guys have put.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 8
The sweat on the cap has been there for the last couple years I think. Now dynamic sweat where a cap gets saturated in it in hot weather would be something.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #23
Rookie

themlbgeek's Arena

I can't wait for the next years MLB The Show to come out the second I pay for the current years which is the first minute its released.. However, I would like to see something come in the way of precipitation in some of these early screens. I will get excited about every recently traded players screen in their new jerseys that they upload, but if SCEA wants to get me bouncing off the walls, show me a tarp being pulled on the field after weather hits.. show me that tattoos are getting their own overhaul! I guess if we were landing a power hitting right handed bat which is much needed on the Tribe (cough cough chris antonetti) maybe I would want to see his screenshot too..but..sigh.. - O.I.C. Only In Cleveland -
Old 12-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #24
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Did anyone noticed in these screenshots of Wilson and Reyes. They did not have current team photos. These are possibly the Show 11 screen shots. It wouldn't surprise me if the game looks totally different in March. I am thinking for the better...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »