Home

NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #9
Pro

chris11sg's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Available Now For PS3, Post Impressions Here

Still can't change jerseys online, no shot feedback.

Follow me!- www.twitter.com/chris11sg
Old 12-13-2011, 09:38 PM   #10
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I'll update a thorough impression later on pro/default then allstar default 7 min quarter. Using 2k's roster update Should be fun.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 12-13-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:40 PM   #11
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Me Celtics vs CPU Knicks allstar sim, just off the fist quarter passing is better, the CPU is not making contested shots and even missing open, player movement has slowed down, more control, more contact in the paint alot more missed layups and fouls called. Hopefully it continues to play like this 3rd quarter is usually when i give up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 09:47 PM   #12
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxBuck Nutsxx
Pro is easy. I just want to know how it plays on All-Star.
I played a few possessions on All-Star/Sim just for you...

This is what 2K12 should have been at launch. Finally, I'm satisfied with this game. I just hope I'm not being too shortsighted in my early impressions. The passing speed does wonders in running an effective offense now. There are still little animation hitches when trying to break upcourt after an outlet pass, but the control responsiveness makes this a little less frustrating.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:48 PM   #13
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxBuck Nutsxx
Pro is easy. I just want to know how it plays on All-Star.
I am playing on all-star default and it plays much better, help defense is better imo, I have yet to see any of that cpu leaving a man open b.s. they would randomly do pre-patch, as stated before tighter controls, they must have tweaked blocking because there have been no unrealistic blocks in the paint so far. Overall the vibe is a good one. Also I am playing My Player mode just an f.y.i
Old 12-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I played a few possessions on All-Star/Sim just for you...

This is what 2K12 should have been at launch. Finally, I'm satisfied with this game. I just hope I'm not being too shortsighted in my early impressions. The passing speed does wonders in running an effective offense now. There are still little animation hitches when trying to break upcourt after an outlet pass, but the control responsiveness makes this a little less frustrating.
What about blocks, and the AI defense. Am I still going to be unable to go around my man at all times?
Old 12-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 10

Downloaded the patch, default sliders, Pro difficulty, decided to do Cavaliers (CPU) @ Bobcats to see what the rookie commentary if any was like for Kemba and see if awful teams would be awful or not. Mostly just going to do a running commentary, no idea how long this will be.

First thing I noticed, I hadn't really realized how sad things have gotten for Charlotte, but all it took was "Cavaliers and Baron Davis visiting BORIS DIAW and the Charlotte Bobcats" for me to realize, this is a bad, bad team LOL.

So far, this game feels basically like I'm playing 2K11. Some of the longer passes still float but it's definitely a lot crisper than pre-patch, and what's really striking is the dribbling. Kemba Walker is just agile as HELL, it feels like night and day from using somebody like Toney Douglas or Ty Lawson pre-patch. Guy with explosiveness get in and out of their moves QUICK.

Off to do a more focused play now, this running diary is gonna make this game last forever. I like what I'm seeing though...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #16
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I'm playing a game right now on Pro/Default. Everything on, just like the game shipped at launch. I'm playing as the Raptors (the 30th ranked team) against the Heat (the 1st ranked team). Right away, the improved passing speed is noticeable. I'm so used it to being slow that it will take me a quarter or two to readjust. The controls seemed to be more responsive overall as well. I'll give a more detailed analysis at the half.

P.S. I also wanted to add that turbo seems to be working again. Before, it was nearly impossible to sprint. Picks are finally effective as well. I hope this holds up on the higher difficulty settings.
If your having an enjoyable experience why would you up the difficulty?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »