Home

SSX Delayed Until February 28th, First Gameplay Video Arrives

This is a discussion on SSX Delayed Until February 28th, First Gameplay Video Arrives within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14
SSX Delayed Until February 28th, First Gameplay Video Arrives

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

In an open letter to SSX fans, Creative Director Todd Batty talks about the shipping delay.

Quote:
I wanted to let you all know firsthand that we recently decided to take a couple of extra weeks to give our game the final bit of polish we think it deserves. This means that we won’t be shipping the game to you until Feb. 28 in North America and Mar. 2 in the rest of the world. We hope that given how long you have waited for SSX to come back, you won’t mind waiting just a little bit longer.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: SSX First Gameplay Video

I don't mind the delay. That means some time I get to spend with Twisted Metal by itself, and it's sandwiched with just enough wiggle room so that I can play it before The Show.

This game looks beautiful! They thematically have some of the "Tricky" audio in there which is nice, and it has a good SSX 3 feel to it as well. Some of the HUD stuff looks a bit too cluttered, though they probably have display options to push those graphics closer to the corners (like most racing games, or Call of Duty for example). Very cool info on the screen, though. I like how it shows all of your tricks, a trick history, and even things like your speed and current placings are on the screen, which hasn't all really been there before. I'm still trying to understand the Tricky meter, but that should come in place and be explained more later down the line.

Also see that there's a new rewind feature. Given the penalty tagged along with it, I can't see this as being a bad idea, but I wonder how abusive it really is, especially in races when you could have just swerved left to hit a tree, etc. It's not one of the worst features put in, but again, we'll see how that one ends up panning out.

Overall, a very welcomed and solid effort by the guys at EA. I can't wait for this title! I need a snowboarding game in my life!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Looks good.

We haven't had a good snowboarding game in a while.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
This game was amazing a month ago. It will be even better when this comes out.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: SSX Delayed Until February 28th, First Gameplay Video Arrives

This game looks great. Not too worried about the delay. Just means it will be better.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »