Home

Gran Turismo 5 2.02 Update Available Now

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 5 2.02 Update Available Now within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2011, 07:45 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Gran Turismo 5 2.02 Update Available Now

The Gran Turismo 5 2.02 Update, announced last week, has been released. Anyone try it out yet?
  • Users can now change wheels on Standard cars
  • The settings sheets will include a new ‘copy’ feature
  • In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application
  • Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update)
  • Pressing the Square button in the car coupon selection screen of the Car Delivery will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once, rather than doing one at a time
  • In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the Square button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the Triangle button will bring up the drivers list
  • In My Lounge, the room settings will feature a new ‘Max. number of participants’ setting
  • In the event selection screen of seasonal events, there are now ☆(star) marks that show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event
  • Improved racing sound effects
  • Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been tweaked
Platform: PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Gran Turismo 5 2.02 Update Available Now

Got the update... unable to find Car Pack #2 in the PSN Store yet.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

I tried it this afternoon and really liked what they did in this update.

-The car sounds are improved albeit not drastically but noticeably. The crazy tire screeching has been toned down and the wind effects add some much needed sense of speed.
-The far view camera angle (3rd person) is now dynamic which is major improvement over the old static one. The camera pans into the turns and moves as the car goes over bumps.
-Being able to change the wheels on standard cars is huge for me since some of my favorite cars are standards.

Still missing:
-All the cool original tracks such as Valencia! Or at least give us more tracks. ;(
-No damage on standard cars.
-No day/night transition at Daytona Road layout.
-Visible choppy car shadows are still there.

Last edited by RunN1st; 12-22-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 49

IMO the next update needs to tune up the new 3rd person cam. Its better then before, but sometimes moves a bit too much for what it should. Also, its time to start moving at least some standards to premiums. The Bugatti Veyron is a must premium IMO. Also, as far as dlc's we need better cars. Where is the aventador, reventon, and like cars? Doesnt make since to me. They would sell so many dlcs with these cars in the packs.

GT5 is much better then it was at release, but I have Forza 4 and a 360 coming tomorrow night(bought for son, but I will also enjoy!).....so I have a feeling GT5's days are nearly over for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »