Home

NBA 2K12: Managing the Heat

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12: Managing the Heat within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
i traded Chalmers and Haslem for Emeka Okafor from New Orleans, he is a GREAT rebounder while playing games. he averaged 12.2 rebs-a-game of the games I played, only with 8.7pts though, the Heat dont really need a scorer at all. I also signed Arenas , It was a good move. got 13.3pts 3.5rebs and 5.9asts, good PG. Wade:26.6pts 4.8rebs 6.1asts.Bosh:20.5pts 10.1rebs 2.1asts.James:27.2pts 7.7rebs 7.5asts.Okafor 8.7pts 12.2rebs 1.1asts.Arenas 13.3pts 3.5rebs 5.9asts.Battier 8.1pts 3.8rebs 3.1asts 48% 3ptr. But I couldn't stop D-Rose until game 7. then beat OKC 4-2 in the Finals.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #10
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K12: Managing the Heat

The Heat only need to make 1 move if any at all. That would be to get a big body that can bang, and rebound, and maybe a good sixth man. They may have that with Battier. Haslim seems like he is a shell of his former self. Then again he was injured last year.

If Bron would have showed up in the finals then they more then likely would have won it all.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:28 PM   #11
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
The Heat only need to make 1 move if any at all. That would be to get a big body that can bang, and rebound, and maybe a good sixth man. They may have that with Battier. Haslim seems like he is a shell of his former self. Then again he was injured last year.

If Bron would have showed up in the finals then they more then likely would have won it all.
I agree drastically changing roleplayers isn't the answer. A good group of roleplayers is supposed to complement the stars, and the Heat's current group is solid. What let them down was Lebron not playing anywhere near to his potential. I'd say if anything maybe get a defensive big man, but for the Heat to win the title it comes down to whether or not Lebron shows up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 05:32 PM   #12
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Why do people keep saying that the Heat need a PG?

They have Lebron and Wade, two guys that need/want the ball in their hands at all times. These two would NOT both play off-ball, so a PG would be completely worthless.

All they need at the PG position is someone who is a good perimeter defender, and who can drain the open 3. A good SG would work at the point for this team, because he doesn't need to be able to pass. Deshawn Stevenson would do wonders for the Heat as their PG.

As for their other needs, all they need is a rebounding and defending C.

So in my associations, I just go out and sign Samuel Dalembert and Deshawn Stevenson. After those two moves, this team is NASTY.

PG - Stevenson/Chalmers/Cole/House
SG - Wade/Miller
SF - James/Battier/Jones
PF - Bosh/Haslem
C - Dalembert/Anthony
Old 12-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #13
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat

They have Lebron and Wade, two guys that need/want the ball in their hands at all times. These two would NOT both play off-ball, so a PG would be completely worthless.

All they need at the PG position is someone who is a good perimeter defender, and who can drain the open 3. A good SG would work at the point for this team, because he doesn't need to be able to pass. Deshawn Stevenson would do wonders for the Heat as their PG.

So in my associations, I just go out and sign Samuel Dalembert and Deshawn Stevenson. After those two moves, this team is NASTY.

SG - Wade/Miller
SF - James/Battier/Jones
PF - Bosh/Haslem
C - Dalembert/Anthony
So you're saying the Heat Don't need a PG and so that's why you sign one?
Old 12-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1
The fact this team is already almost unfairly loaded and people still talking about how to further load them is funny to me. How to make the Heat better? The question is If you need to make the heat better, you need to make YOU better! I refuse to play with a team that good. Its nothing exciting about playing with the Heat to me in 2k. Including 2k11, ive NEVER played with them.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:16 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat

SG - Wade/Miller
SF - James/Battier/Jones
PF - Bosh/Haslem
C - Dalembert/Anthony
Lol at the thought of Lebron and Deshawn on the same team
"I've never really paid that much attention to it.. know what I'm saying? I'm just a player, I'm a player Greg, and I just play with whatever they put.. if we are gonna play with a sock, then we gon play with a sock." Delonte "The Golden Panther" West
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #16
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
So you're saying the Heat Don't need a PG and so that's why you sign one?
Stevenson is an SG, but I put him at the point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »