Home

NBA 2K12: Managing the Heat

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12: Managing the Heat within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2011, 06:39 PM   #17
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K12: Managing the Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfro0925
Lol at the thought of Lebron and Deshawn on the same team
Why?

Putting Deshawn "The Lebron Stopper" Stevenson on the Heat kills two birds with one stone!
Old 12-23-2011, 06:50 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Why?

Putting Deshawn "The Lebron Stopper" Stevenson on the Heat kills two birds with one stone!
I'm not gonna lie I'd already signed him in my Association. I actually like Stevenson. I haven't been able to get him to do the "can't feel my face" taunt after a three ball yet. I bring in Patrick Ewing Jr. too and hire his dad to replace bob mcadoo on the coaching staff
"I've never really paid that much attention to it.. know what I'm saying? I'm just a player, I'm a player Greg, and I just play with whatever they put.. if we are gonna play with a sock, then we gon play with a sock." Delonte "The Golden Panther" West
Old 12-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #19
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
I'm not gonna lie I'd already signed him in my Association. I actually like Stevenson. I haven't been able to get him to do the "can't feel my face" taunt after a three ball yet. I bring in Patrick Ewing Jr. too and hire his dad to replace bob mcadoo on the coaching staff
With the Heat? How is he doing at PG for you?

And why'd you get Ewing Jr.? I've never used him before, and he always looked like he was pretty worthless in the game.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0
These moves are stupid
Old 12-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
With the Heat? How is he doing at PG for you?

And why'd you get Ewing Jr.? I've never used him before, and he always looked like he was pretty worthless in the game.
I just like to play with him. He doesn't have much of a jumper but cutting to the rim he can't be stopped. As for Stevenson I only play him when I rest Wade. Chalmers is my starter at the 1
"I've never really paid that much attention to it.. know what I'm saying? I'm just a player, I'm a player Greg, and I just play with whatever they put.. if we are gonna play with a sock, then we gon play with a sock." Delonte "The Golden Panther" West
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #22
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
I just like to play with him. He doesn't have much of a jumper but cutting to the rim he can't be stopped. As for Stevenson I only play him when I rest Wade. Chalmers is my starter at the 1
Ah you start Chalmers. I would, but I just can't knock down his jump shot consistently enough. He's pretty good off the bench though.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:39 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2
Agreed. The Heat have plenty of offense already. The only thing they can do to stiffen up is to bolster the following:
1 - backup SF (wait, they did that already. instead of bringing in Jones who can only shoot threes, they bring in Battier who can lockdown SG/SF and also shoot threes pretty good too)
2 - defensive PG - wait, Chalmers does this, plus he can also shoot threes, and is a VERY clutch player.

What's the starting lineup?
C - Anthony
PF - Bosh
SF - James
SG - Wade
PG - Chalmers

Considering they have two of the top five players in the league (admittedly the best SF, and arguably the best SG), and the Heat are in a pretty good spot.

I remember arguing last year how they should stick Lebron in the mid-post more, and I appear to have read some anecdotal evidence that the Heat have been doing that more, similar to how Jordan played mid-post back in the day and could either score it himself, or pass it off to the open man.

I haven't seen Lebron's post game, though, but I do know that if he wants to lengthen his career, that'd be a good place to start.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:54 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

There's no fun in managing the Heat, their team is already loaded. With these minor moves, you could go either way with keeping the current players you already have or trading them for players who are almost equally the same.

What's fun is managing a lower tier team and making them into a contender.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »