Home

MLB 12 The Show Information From Best Buy

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Information From Best Buy within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2011, 06:21 PM   #9
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 12 The Show Information From Best Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockitOldSchool
Is it just me or are developers just getting lazy? The Show '11 was easily my favorite sports game from 2011 but I'm really not excited about '12. There isn't one new "feature" listed here. The game is starting to get really stale. I expect something more than a roster update. I'm not paying another $60 for a roster upgrade. I could care less about the Playstation Move. It's just another gimmick they are trying to peddle off on us. If this is all they have to offer I'm sitting this one out. I can wait a year.

I was really hoping to see a playoff mode. I was hoping to see real weather, and what I mean is weather that actually affects the games and your lineup decisons like rainouts, double-headers and rain delays.

I also want to see better crowd reactions. I want to feel the playoff atmosphere when I'm playing a playoff game. Every game seems the same. The crowd rarely changes. If my team sucks I want to see half-empty stadiums. Baseball video games in the 90's had crowds like this where the announcer would make comments about how empty the stadiums were. It wouldn't be hard to implement if they could make it happen on the Playstation 1.

The Show is a great came but I've been patient the past few years. I'm tired of the glorified roster updates. Show me something new or I will be buying this game every 2 years.

I would never ever call the Sony developers lazy!!!

They work there you know what off 24/7 to make us the best baseball game they possibly can.

Just because they might not add a feature you, I or anyone else may be wishing for does not mean they are just a bunch of lazy developers!

Last edited by tnixen; 12-28-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #10
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Is it just me or are developers just getting lazy? The Show '11 was easily my favorite sports game from 2011 but I'm really not excited about '12. There isn't one new "feature" listed here. The game is starting to get really stale. I expect something more than a roster update. I'm not paying another $60 for a roster upgrade. I could care less about the Playstation Move. It's just another gimmick they are trying to peddle off on us. If this is all they have to offer I'm sitting this one out. I can wait a year.

I was really hoping to see a playoff mode. I was hoping to see real weather, and what I mean is weather that actually affects the games and your lineup decisons like rainouts, double-headers and rain delays.

I also want to see better crowd reactions. I want to feel the playoff atmosphere when I'm playing a playoff game. Every game seems the same. The crowd rarely changes. If my team sucks I want to see half-empty stadiums. Baseball video games in the 90's had crowds like this where the announcer would make comments about how empty the stadiums were. It wouldn't be hard to implement if they could make it happen on the Playstation 1.

The Show is a great came but I've been patient the past few years. I'm tired of the glorified roster updates. Show me something new or I will be buying this game every 2 years.

First the info on Best Buy's site did not come from us. As for your other comment.

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...mer/id/7349307

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...mer/id/7349307

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...ticle-1.989122
Old 12-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #11
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Guys, DO NOT insult the developers. I can assure this will not fly here. There's a bunch of stuff I want in the game that won't be there. If I can express that opinion without insults , so can you.

I'd like to add , how was last year's game a glorified roster update? They completely re-did the fielding ratings; the fielding itself, gave us brand new player models, and complete analog control...and revamped how RTTS was done. That's just some of what was added.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #12
Banned

RockitOldSchool's Arena

OVR: 5
Sorry, I chose my words wrong. Like I said, MLB The Show is the game I play the most. I was just disappointed with the lack of new features. I was hoping for something to get really excited about. All in all these guys do a great job, no doubt. There's just a few nagging issues keeping this game from becoming really great.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #13
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

Quote:
Sorry, I chose my words wrong. Like I said, MLB The Show is the game I play the most. I was just disappointed with the lack of new features. I was hoping for something to get really excited about. All in all these guys do a great job, no doubt. There's just a few nagging issues keeping this game from becoming really great.
What were you hoping for , though, man? I listed several new and very time consuming features they implemented last year.

I mean in the end, the game is still baseball. They can't add new AI awareness for 3rd and short, lol.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #14
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
What were you hoping for , though, man? I listed several new and very time consuming features they implemented last year.

I mean in the end, the game is still baseball. They can't add new AI awareness for 3rd and short, lol.
They need to spend time on what actually affects the game. Like mentioned before.........where is the weather that has been done extremely well in the past by other games? I have the move and it sucks! Why continue to waste time on it when so many other important improvements could use their attention?

1) Commentary is horrible. It is time for new dynamic commentary that sounds like they are together instead of sounding like they are in two different countries.
2) Add working weather that impacts the game.
3) Crowds need improved.
4) Playoffs need improved.

They are already working on better collision detection and ball physics so that makes me happy. The rest seems like a few upgrades or tweaks at best. Nothing stands out by any of the PR news as of late that says I need to go out and buy MLB 12 when I have MLB 11 that I can stick with for another year.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:44 PM   #15
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
They need to spend time on what actually affects the game. Like mentioned before.........where is the weather that has been done extremely well in the past by other games? I have the move and it sucks! Why continue to waste time on it when so many other important improvements could use their attention?

1) Commentary is horrible. It is time for new dynamic commentary that sounds like they are together instead of sounding like they are in two different countries.
2) Add working weather that impacts the game.
3) Crowds need improved.
4) Playoffs need improved.

They are already working on better collision detection and ball physics so that makes me happy. The rest seems like a few upgrades or tweaks at best. Nothing stands out by any of the PR news as of late that says I need to go out and buy MLB 12 when I have MLB 11 that I can stick with for another year.
Actually, everything you mentioned EXCEPT the weather has ZERO effect on the game.
The weather in the game, actually does effect the game to some extent.

P.S.
(here's secretly hoping that some of the promises made here on O.S. are actually kept!!! ...but I doubt it...much like they weren't kept from '10 to '11 )

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #16
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

What promises didn't they keep? Lol. This must be a joke. I'll be honest I thought fielding would be even better , but theyve never over promised.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »