Home

Hey EA Sports - Where Are Those Promised NBA Jam: On Fire Edition Roster Updates?

This is a discussion on Hey EA Sports - Where Are Those Promised NBA Jam: On Fire Edition Roster Updates? within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2011, 05:39 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
I still don't believe that EA is truly dedicated to providing consumers with high quality, revolutionary gaming. Alot of cut and paste going on with game titles. This is what happens when Big business plays in the creative and artistic world. This does not mean I don't play some EA titles, I just don't see real effort to make that revolutionary jump from one iteration to the next.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:03 PM   #10
Rookie

michfan16's Arena

OVR: 12
yea my game has been frozen because of the auto save feature i can no longer play online and when i play offline i cannot play as the first profile
Old 12-30-2011, 09:49 PM   #11
Rookie

se7six's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Hey EA Sports - Where Are Those Promised NBA Jam: On Fire Edition Roster Updates?

I haven't had any freezing issues with the latest update. I've played several games and haven't noticed any problems.

A roster update would be great but I don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong.

got tomato?

YouTube
Moddingway

† Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 KJB †
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2011, 01:34 AM   #12
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by desperado462
As usual, EA is lackluster in its support..look at the shamble that is NHL 12...they continue to put out buggy, non-updated products and are never held accountable. EA is a glowing reason why there shouldn't be monopolies in video games (ie: EA owning the rights to the NFL)...when there is no competition it becomes all about the money, not about the quality and EA has now become so confident that they will make their money that they are just half-a$$ing it on all their sports games
I'm done. This thread is about EA supporting NBA Jam with updated rosters, not your personal gripe with video football games. Before you post about monopolies, get your facts straight. To help you out...THE NFL MADE THE DECISION TO GO EXCLUSIVE, EA made the wise business decision to buy the rights. No more, no less.

The great thing about the internet is anyone can use it. The problem with it is, ANYONE can use it.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #13
Rookie

Well, is anyone surprised? EA has shown little regard for its customer base the past half decade or so. Why would that change with a little-played arcade basketball game? Why do people continue to expect EA to follow through with their promises? Haven't we been burned enough? When will people just simply stop giving these corporate turds their money?

These are all things I never understand. You can't have your cake and eat it, too. You can't sit there and spend your money on these games and then expect these companies to care. If they don't have to fight for your sales, why should they? It's a business move.

If you hurt their business and their bottom line, they will listen. Companies don't have to fight for your dollar because of exclusive licenses. So the ONLY way you can hurt them is with your pocketbook.

I know it's a overused line, but it is seriously the way to hurt them.

I'm just sick of all these articles wondering where roster updates are, or EA releasing buggy patches or whatever. How long will it take people to realize that it's a never ending cycle? The consumer is responsible, not EA.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #14
Rookie

If you want EA to care, you have to MAKE THEM CARE. They don't inherently have a responsibility to your feelings or your needs.

And there are a lot of hypotheticals on these threads. "Well, if there was competition EA would care.." You may be right. But it's not about being right, it's about living in reality. There is no competition right now for some of the exclusive licenses. There is no competition for 2K basketball right now. That's like these college football playoff proponents, "well if there was a playoff, blah blah blah..." Well there isn't. So stop living in hypotheticals.

Until EA or 2K get competition, there is no reason to live in hypotheticals. So, the reality of today's sports video game world is that there is not a ton of competition, so the ONLY way to make a statement is to not spend $60. And if you do spend $60 on a product, yes, you should demand taht it be a good product, but do not be surprised if it is not. And if it is not a good product, why should you be fooled again the following year?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #15
Rookie

Sorry about the off-topic rant, but it's just so frustrating to see these people in shock when EA doesn't listen to them or release a great product or patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Hey EA Sports - Where Are Those Promised NBA Jam: On Fire Edition Roster Updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
I'm done. This thread is about EA supporting NBA Jam with updated rosters, not your personal gripe with video football games. Before you post about monopolies, get your facts straight. To help you out...THE NFL MADE THE DECISION TO GO EXCLUSIVE, EA made the wise business decision to buy the rights. No more, no less.

The great thing about the internet is anyone can use it. The problem with it is, ANYONE can use it.
Incorrect. EA went to them asking for exclusivity multiple times and NFL declined. What obviously happened after the year 2k dropped their game to $20 was that EA went to NFL with a much higher $$$ amount offer and NFL accepted it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »