Home

A Quick Look at MLB 12: The Show

This is a discussion on A Quick Look at MLB 12: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
A Quick Look at MLB 12: The Show

While the snow might be piling up across the land (or not), things are heating up at the SCEA studios. Info regarding MLB: The Show 12 is steadily starting to trickle out day by day.

But if you are looking for wholesale changes, look elsewhere. SCEA follows a strict policy of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” This is certainly not a bad thing. Instead of trying to re-invent the wheel, we consistently see building blocks, but this isn’t to say there is no innovation.

Read More - A Quick Look at MLB 12: The Show
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
Pro

humaca80's Arena

OVR: 13
It would be nice if they could nail the 1080p resolution this year. Last year's game seem to take a performance hit when it was forced to 1080p.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Awesome news!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaca80
It would be nice if they could nail the 1080p resolution this year. Last year's game seem to take a performance hit when it was forced to 1080p.
i didn't kno it did 1080p, my TV always switched to 720 on its own......

but thank god for this game, with a real singular player mode with realistic skill progression and a unique balance between fun and challenging......EA, you need to take notes.....
Old 01-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
I really hope Advanced Stats will be shown in the context of all players (with the option to sort by position, league, splits among month/day/night/pre and post all-star break). Advanced stats mean nothing if I can't compare them to other players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
dare i say...en fuego?

BravesBoy's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: A Quick Look at MLB 12: The Show

Quote:
MLB 12: The Show will feature over 500 new presentation animations, 300 new fielding and base running animations, 150 new batting stances, 75 new pitching motions, and one of my personal favorites, 14 new umpire personalities.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 13
They say they are going to announce an "innovative new online mode" but it will be all for naught if the servers are just as broken (and if the PSN gets hacked again, of course...)
Old 01-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: A Quick Look at MLB 12: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by vln13
They say they are going to announce an "innovative new online mode" but it will be all for naught if the servers are just as broken (and if the PSN gets hacked again, of course...)
I believe Russell was misquoted with the "all new online mode" thing, in that it's not necessarily online. I believe it's either a new online mode (even though we're already getting a new online Home Run Derby), a new franchise element (think something on a bigger level, like expansion teams or the like), or an entire new thing altogether.

By the way, I like the article in that, although it's nothing we haven't heard, it is a quick draw to the people who haven't been reading the articles in-depth and figuring out exactly what might justify their purchase this year. The new ball physics alone might be worth the 60 bones (100 if you count the Vita version).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 01-05-2012 at 01:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »