Home

Roundtable: What are you looking forward to most in 2012?

This is a discussion on Roundtable: What are you looking forward to most in 2012? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Roundtable: What are you looking forward to most in 2012?

With every new year comes new games. And with those games, us gamers get both the good and the bad. But with 2012 being one of the most anticipated sports gaming years to date, with the return of EA's NBA series and releases of old favorites (SSX, Blitz, FIFA Street), what are you the most excited to see?

Read More - Roundtable: What are you looking forward to most in 2012?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
I'm looking forward to seeing the return of EA's Basketball (NBA) title. I hope that they have created an NBA simulation experience that will be enjoyable as well as realistic for SIM players.

I am giving Madden 13 the title of make or break for the series this generation. No excuses, just results. The game needs to be miles ahead of any other Madden (or any other NFL Simulation before it) this generation that we have played. That means Presentation, commentary, gameplay...the whole package. If not it will be considered a bust. (Non-exclusive licensing maybe?)

I hope that NBA 2K13 can raise the bar again as they did with 2K11 yet, polish some of the core gameplay mechanics and correct the issues that have long plagued the series (ie Unintelligent teammate AI)

I think NCAA 13 is in the same category as Madden as well....so it should be a interesting year and I definitely have my eyes on EA Sports! Deliver!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Looking forward to madden/NCAA 13. I have a strange feeling that this is going to be THE year for both titles.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Most inticpated games? Mass Effect 3.
As for sports titles, I'm interested in what EA is going to do in their return to Basketball and seeing if they can deliver on NCAA 13.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
Rookie

NikeBlitz's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Roundtable: What are you looking forward to most in 2012?

I don't expect big things for NBA Live/Elite on this gen. IMO EA should stop making NBA games and work on a new NCAA B-ball title.

I have high expectation for Madden & NCAA FB. Hope it will be the year for football games. (please a PC version).

However in my mind this generation is almost dead. It's 4th quarter ... too late for something really fresh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #6
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Roundtable: What are you looking forward to most in 2012?

MLB 12 The show and is 2012 the year College Basketball comes back?
Old 01-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #7
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34
Of the sports games, NCAA Football is my most anticipated title year in and year out. Also waiting to see what Eutechnyx can do in their second crack at the NASCAR series. As for non-sports games, I'm hoping to finally hear some infor or get a release of Half-Life 2: Episode 3.

Also can't wait for December 22 so I can laugh at all the people predicting the apocalypse on the 21st.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #8
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7
Madden 13. I got more than I expected with M12. No where near a 'perfect' game but it was actually fun again compared to the rest of the next 'gen' Maddens. I might have to give 'the show' a try. Being somewhat disappointed (more so frustrated) with NBA 2K12, I'll probably never get into basketball as a sport.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »