Home

NFL Blitz Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NFL Blitz Review (360/PS3) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NFL Blitz Review (360/PS3)

Codes for non-day games:

NFL, NFL, Yard Marker (Twilight)
NFL, Whistle, Yard Marker (Night)

You have to unlock them in the Blitz Store before you can use them.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #10
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
How are unlockables in this games? As many as Jam?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 01-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

There's definitely a ton of stuff to unlock.

Secret Codes
Player Cards (think Madden Ultimate Team)
Powerup Cards
Secret Teams (Hot Dog Team, Pirate Team, etc.)

I've been playing nonstop since Wednesday and still only have about 60% of the player cards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #12
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm addicted to this game. Going to play some after the Lions game.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
After reading this review, I'm not sure how you gave this game a rating of "7 of 10", or "Good" as it's subtitled. I have no issue with you calling this game a 7 of 10 (or any other number, it's all opinion) but your review is mostly negative and does not reflect the score you are issuing.

The core of your review is as follows: explaining the gameplay (neutral), complaining about the classic Blitz omissions due to the "No-Fun-League" (negative), lack of jersey selection (negative), boring offline modes (negative), boring tackle animations (negative), boring sounds (negative), boring graphics (negative), lack of weather effects (negative), frustrating Blitz Bucks (negative), frustrating online play due to quitters (not the game's fault, per se, but this potentially negates one of the few positives - online play - that you mention), and Elite League (positive, that is until you've played it for any significant amount of time... once again negating the promise of a core feature of the game). Your final thoughts fit this tone, too - toned down commentary, awkward controls, slight lag, difficult learning curve, poor in-game manual, boring single-player experience. Aside from stating that this game has detailed stadiums and makes for a decent online experience if lag isn't an issue and you have friends who won't quit, how can you say that this is a "good" game?
Old 01-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #14
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffMorris
After reading this review, I'm not sure how you gave this game a rating of "7 of 10", or "Good" as it's subtitled. I have no issue with you calling this game a 7 of 10 (or any other number, it's all opinion) but your review is mostly negative and does not reflect the score you are issuing.

The core of your review is as follows: explaining the gameplay (neutral), complaining about the classic Blitz omissions due to the "No-Fun-League" (negative), lack of jersey selection (negative), boring offline modes (negative), boring tackle animations (negative), boring sounds (negative), boring graphics (negative), lack of weather effects (negative), frustrating Blitz Bucks (negative), frustrating online play due to quitters (not the game's fault, per se, but this potentially negates one of the few positives - online play - that you mention), and Elite League (positive, that is until you've played it for any significant amount of time... once again negating the promise of a core feature of the game). Your final thoughts fit this tone, too - toned down commentary, awkward controls, slight lag, difficult learning curve, poor in-game manual, boring single-player experience. Aside from stating that this game has detailed stadiums and makes for a decent online experience if lag isn't an issue and you have friends who won't quit, how can you say that this is a "good" game?
I never understood OS reviews, so I never read them anymore. IGN is where I go for my gaming reviews because I usually agree with them over any other site. Anyways, all that matters is I love the game.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Great multiplayer and "Classic Gameplay" are the main reasons it still scored a 7, even with the presentation flaws.

Gameplay trumps all, and Blitz has great gameplay. It's also a blast to play with friends, both cooperatively and competitively.

Sure, it could've been much better, but it's still a good game.

I'm glad I picked it up for $15. I've probably played close to 100 games already and I'm still having lots of fun.

Last edited by jyoung; 01-09-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 3
PLEASE update all teams with all the "good" players. New rookies too like RG3!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »