Home

UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Arrives This Month, No Specific Date Given (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Arrives This Month, No Specific Date Given (360, PS3) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #9
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Arrives This Month, No Specific Date Given (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Here's hoping the demo gives me a reason to buy the game.

Also, please let us use that new simulation mode in the demo. It would be a little lame if we were stuck playing what I'm assuming is the default arcade set-up.
Did you play the Alpha version? This game is miles ahead of 2010 imho. And most likely we will have sim mode in the demo. They had it in alpha, but they didn't have it for ranked in alpha. I'm assuming this will be in the final version though.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
Did you play the Alpha version? This game is miles ahead of 2010 imho. And most likely we will have sim mode in the demo. They had it in alpha, but they didn't have it for ranked in alpha. I'm assuming this will be in the final version though.
No I did not.

So long as it's what 2010 should have been (basically 2009 + the 2010 upgrades - every fight ending in a KO) then I should be happy.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #11
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
lol how misleading. I can pretty much guarantee that sometime this month means it will drop on the last Tuesday of the month.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
lol how misleading. I can pretty much guarantee that sometime this month means it will drop on the last Tuesday of the month.
They've had major issues meeting dates in the past, so I guess now they won't release any. That way they can't be late.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #13
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Being the game comes out on the 14th of Feb, chances are it will be the last Tuesday of the month. Since companies usually release demos a week or 2 before it hits retail. So it is quite the norm.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #14
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
2010 was a huge disappointment, I'm hoping this one knocks it out.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #15
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
No I did not.

So long as it's what 2010 should have been (basically 2009 + the 2010 upgrades - every fight ending in a KO) then I should be happy.
You'll be in for a treat then. The game is alot better than both versions. The autoblock is gone, the plethora of moves and positions in this game are insane, and fights can go to decision as long as you cover up. Stand up is no longer just a mad dash for muy tai clinch, and there are no more insta takedowns besides when one is performed to counter a strong strike (minor strikes don't allow this).

In normal mode, I'd say it took about 40 or so leg kicks to cause a leg ko, in sim mode it takes less, I'm guestimating about 25. This was with my standing kicks at 80. I prefer sim mode because both opponents had to really think about what they were doing, and the smarter fighter typically had the advantage.

The submission system is better than it looks, but some people still don't like it. I'm indifferent on it personally, but I'll probably end up choosing my sub attempts more wisely. Ground sweeps are back, its not as easy to reverse moves, cage resets that reset the number of transition blocks allowed are gone, and ground sways give you a fighting chance to defend tkos etc.

The game is just great overall, and hopefully with so many people participating in the alpha version the online servers will be good from day 1 (that was the purpose of the alpha).

They said they'd start alpha back up after the new year, but since the demo is coming out sometime this month I doubt they do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #16
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25
I got an e-mail a day or two ago saying"We will have a good idea early next week the exact date we will turn the Alpha Server Test back on. It will be turned on before our Undisputed 3 Demo launches (and off as well). You will likely get a good solid week to continue playing UFC Undisputed 3 online and providing improvement data and feedback before we officially turn it off until launch!" So hopefully this game will be top notch!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »