Home

MLB 12 The Show Video - Pulse Pitching, Zone Analog Batting, Broadcast Presentation

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Video - Pulse Pitching, Zone Analog Batting, Broadcast Presentation within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #121
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - Pulse Pitching, Zone Analog Batting, Broadcast Presentati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I speculated earlier that it might have had to do with how we push our analog sticks upward unnaturally to go straight forward with things like pitching and hitting, but I totally forgot about the Move motion controls, which is probably what it has more to do with (and two posters thankfully chimed in about).

Although, wouldn't it be "locked" if that were the case? It seems like if there is an option that you are not currently using, like 3D mode, music mode, or pitching camera options while hitting, that they don't even allow you to fine tune anything with it by putting a lock icon next to it.

By the way, as long as they show baserunner attributes in the pause menu when there are runners on, that will be the most amount of information anyone will need.
Yep they added that too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1589682.jpg (405.6 KB, 201 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #122
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - Pulse Pitching, Zone Analog Batting, Broadcast Presentati

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWPump23

Is Roger Bernadina's shin guard supposed to be turned in like that? I can't tell when it goes back to the regular catcher hitting camera.

In fact he does have a turned in shin guard in real life.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #123
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

After seeing this video and also understanding that's it a rather earlier build SCEA is definitely getting my money.

I really loved the presentation broadcast cut scenes. It adds so much realism to the game. Also the way the ball jumped off the bat and the way a batter would go down and get a ball is so creative. The sound of the ball off the bat was also cool. It appeared that players were closing their gloves after the catch. The new ball physics is a welcome sight. You could see the direct affect the spin had on the ball with the opposite field base hit as it almost got by the defender as it sliced away. Maybe it was in last year but I loved the way the catcher froze at his throwing position before he unloaded the ball to third after the strikeout of Utley. Loved the umps hook on the K as well. The crowd really seemed to really react well to the basehit by Howard. Lots of good things, nice little touchups.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #124
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Yep they added that too
Doesn't seem like they have enough room to add BR ABL and BR AGG there. It would help.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #125
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Okay. After watching the video again, I have to second Pared on the little white lines around the Pulse pitching graphic.

I wonder if they serve a practical purpose to the mechanic itself, or if they can be removed entirely? I'm trying to envision what it would look like with them removed and I think I like what I think I'm seeing a lot better.

Just a suggestion. Even though I still plan on using it day one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWPump23

Nice find.

In this vid you can really see some of the new elements that were added to the presentation. The camera cutting to Hudson post pitch looked pretty awesome. Especially with him closing his glove and the brim of his hat being bent the way it was.. that looked pretty slick. It's pretty awesome that we can focus on such small elements of this game. It really tells you how polished this game really is.

The other camera cut that I like was Heyward jogging back to his position. His bobble in right field looked like a pretty smooth animation as well (not forced).

I wasn't even that pumped upon hearing of spruced up presentation when the news first broke to us. Sure, a welcome edition to the game, but I was more focused ball physics, new tagging system, and collision/ avoidance. It's only a small sample size of the presentation and I've already been sold on it. Fantastic.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #127
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Just watched the 3D video on my 3D TV. For those who might have been interested/wondering, the display on the screen itself isn't in 3D, just the video itself (so the camera device that was being recorded was in 3D). Of course, if you turn off 3D on the video, you might have already noticed this.

I really want to try the Move on this thing now, provided there isn't too much lag!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #128
Banned

khronikos's Arena

OVR: 4

VERY much looking forward to MOVE here. I think it will be just a whole hell of a lot of fun. This seriously looks to be the year Move is put into proper sports sims where it is doable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »