Home

MLB 12 The Show Video - Pulse Pitching, Zone Analog Batting, Broadcast Presentation

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Video - Pulse Pitching, Zone Analog Batting, Broadcast Presentation within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #129
Rookie

btown12's Arena

OVR: 17
This game is soooooo unrealistic. Utley would never jump out of the way of an inside pitch like that!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #130
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - Pulse Pitching, Zone Analog Batting, Broadcast Presentati

Positives:
- Analog Zone Hitting, YES!!!!! I'm tried of mashing on the buttons to swing.
- Pulse pitching looks pretty decent and seems realistic as well.
- Pitch command and pitch confidence has been completely rewritten, which SHOULD be a GREAT thing.
- New baserunner and fielder logic.
- Better presentation and broadcasting, I don't really care about it (since I'm all about the gameplay) but I'd rather have it improved instead of not improved.

Negatives:
- Nothing on whether Analog Pitching has been improved.
- Pulse Pitching looks good but it's basically what Classic Pitching should've been all these years.
- Opposite field power on inside pitches seem to be still far too much. That single to right off a low inside pitch was hit real hard.

I'm calling that Diamond Dynasty is 9vs9 where everybody plays as a different player.

Last edited by Vashyron.; 01-11-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #131
Rookie

Simp's Arena

OVR: 4
About the pulse pitching, has it been mentioned whether we can adjust the size of the control in the camera editor? I agree with everyone that it would be nice if it were a little more subtle. I'm a minimalist with this stuff myself (the main reason I have used classic pitching the last couple years).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #132
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - Pulse Pitching, Zone Analog Batting, Broadcast Presentati

I don't know if this was mentioned already but in the first video I saw a large ad of "This Week In Baseball" on the outfield wall. Was that there last year?

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 01-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #133
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
I don't know if this was mentioned already but in the first video I saw a large ad of "This Week In Baseball" on the outfield wall. Was that there last year?
I'm sure it was in last year.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #134
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty

Yes and every year before that too lol
Old 01-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #135
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashyron.
Positives:
- Analog Zone Hitting, YES!!!!! I'm tried of mashing on the buttons to swing.
- Pulse pitching looks pretty decent and seems realistic as well.
- Pitch command and pitch confidence has been completely rewritten, which SHOULD be a GREAT thing.
- New baserunner and fielder logic.
- Better presentation and broadcasting, I don't really care about it (since I'm all about the gameplay) but I'd rather have it improved instead of not improved.

Negatives:
- Nothing on whether Analog Pitching has been improved.
- Pulse Pitching looks good but it's basically what Classic Pitching should've been all these years.
- Opposite field power on inside pitches seem to be still far too much. That single to right off a low inside pitch was hit real hard.

I'm calling that Diamond Dynasty is 9vs9 where everybody plays as a different player.
what ? your post defines jumping the gun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #136
Rookie

OVR: 4

Now this video got me real hype. I had no idea what "pulse pitching" was all about until I saw this and must say it is better than I imagined. Didn't notice any "ball physics" but the presentation definitely looked improved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »