Home

SSX Video - Many Samples of Gameplay

This is a discussion on SSX Video - Many Samples of Gameplay within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14
SSX Video - Many Samples of Gameplay

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: New SSX video, lots of gameplay

Hot video. I'm wondering if they've achieved 60 FPS with this game.

Is mountain morphing still in this? I haven't seen it in videos in a long time, and they haven't talked about it. If they removed it over the public uproar about it, that would be a-okay with me.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Hot video. I'm wondering if they've achieved 60 FPS with this game.

Is mountain morphing still in this? I haven't seen it in videos in a long time, and they haven't talked about it. If they removed it over the public uproar about it, that would be a-okay with me.
I've been lurking the uber SSX fansite http://www.merqurycity.com/

According to some of the community members who got hands on time with the game, controller input is read at 60FPS but the game graphics are 30FPS. I'm not quite sure what that means...or if it makes sense, but that's what I read.

Mountain Morphing? Do you mean the Mountain Man software they used to import the satellite data? It's still in there - they used this in the beginning to quickly create playable areas based on real geography. Then they took those tracks and "SSX-ed" them up with jumps and grinds.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph17
I've been lurking the uber SSX fansite http://www.merqurycity.com/

According to some of the community members who got hands on time with the game, controller input is read at 60FPS but the game graphics are 30FPS. I'm not quite sure what that means...or if it makes sense, but that's what I read.
Meh, that's too bad.

Basically what it means is that you won't technically miss a beat on timing something just because the game didn't get a chance to visually catch up with your input. Think of it like in a baseball game. Let's say that you're playing a game where, from the time the pitcher releases the ball to the time it reaches you at the plate, there are 30 visual ball frames during that entire period. If the input framerate is twice that, then you get a chance to start your swing a little bit earlier, and the game will have skipped the first frame of you starting your swing, and will go onto the next frame. So basically, user input won't be screwed up... but it's too bad that they didn't get 60 FPS on a visual level.

Quote:
Mountain Morphing? Do you mean the Mountain Man software they used to import the satellite data? It's still in there - they used this in the beginning to quickly create playable areas based on real geography. Then they took those tracks and "SSX-ed" them up with jumps and grinds.
I'm referring to the stuff seen in this at 0:36, 0:45, 0:59, and 1:10.

The top rated comment mentions it.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

Re: SSX Video - Many Samples of Gameplay

ahhh...gotcha. no idea about the mountain morphing. maybe this was just an early demo of their avalanche tech?

here's the blurb about 30/60FPS

Quote:
The Gravitude Bar • View topic - SSX Ubercast
http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum...8998&start=500

TrickyEmu wrote:
Fast-paced games tend to look horrible at 30 fps or below. SSX 3 was known for its smooth animations and high framerate making everything flow like butter. What is the framerate in the game?

the inputs are done at 60. Rendering at 30 with motion blur
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #6
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Ah, as long as there is motion blur, that will help a little bit more. It still won't be anything that 60 FPS is.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #7
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Cant wait for this. My wife and I have been longtime fans of SSX and been waiting for a new one to come out. LOL We won't be doing anything else on release day, and i'll probably switching work days that week for the game.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40

When I played the game a month ago, I didn't experience any of that mountain morphing at all. I'm sure I would have noticed, too -- it sticks out like a sore thumb.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »