Home

Some MLB 12 The Show Diamond Dynasty Details Have Arrived

This is a discussion on Some MLB 12 The Show Diamond Dynasty Details Have Arrived within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2012, 02:20 AM   #17
Rookie

DuffHouse12's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 12 The Show Diamond Dynasty Details, Revealed by Amazon?

i dunno guuyss..... sounds kinda stupid....
The Grateful Dead
Phish
Old 01-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #18
Rookie

ChrisHansen59's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Some MLB 12 The Show Diamond Dynasty Details Have Arrived

Sounds promising.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #19
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Does this mode interest you?
In the same way that it does in Madden. I'll load it up, but probably won't play it much(although I put a considerable amount of time into MUT12), because the mode hasn't changed much since it's inception. And those details, as minimal as they are, don't excite me.

That description is pretty vague, but revealing at the same time. Mostly because Russell said it was nothing like anything that is being done in any sports title, and that just comes off as hyperbolic, now.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:34 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Just going to play a bit of devil's advocate, but when did they come up with Hockey Ultimate Team? Maybe what SCEA meant (though it isn't what was quoted in an article, but we've read misquotes before) is that when they came up with the idea and began implementation, no other sports game before it had made this kind of mode haha.
Maybe ? Maybe not !

Don't forget that FIFA ultimate team does exist in 2009. (This feature was announced in February 2009 so EA Sports worked on it since 2008)
At least SCEA and EA have the same idea in 2008 since SCEA is workind on D.D. for 4 cycles.

And as far as I'm concerned, I don't play Madden UT, FIFA UT or NHL UT. So don't expect me to play D.D. if it is another UT-like game.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool for people who like this kind of mode (and for SCEA it is another mean to make more money w/ DLC ; business baby).
But I'm sad the VITA development and now this DD mode has for sure taken a huge amount of development time. Time which had not been used for the franchise mode as promised.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #21
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

This sounds exactly like UT to me which is great as I'm a fan, but it does fly in the face of what Ramone has been saying. Unless of course Amazon are telling porkies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2012, 08:18 AM   #22
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Definitely going to wait until full details are released before reacting. The bottom line is that this mode should be based solely on it's merits, not on anyone's preconceived ideas. I swear, sometimes . . .
Old 01-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #23
Rookie

gigadkc's Arena

OVR: 3
so that's like Ultimate Team from Fifa/Madden and Grand Prix Mode from PYS, right? Sounds good then. I play Fifa UT almost every day and Grand Prix Mode from PYS is also awesome.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustOpinions
Heres the thing... dont want to start a feud but, the NHL series and even Madden are fluid online, The Show not soo much... due in large part to how critical timing is in baseball. Some people can get past the online hiccups I cant personally, but hey maybe MLB 12 will be smoothed out more, it does get better online every year but it just hasnt compared to how well it is offline, if it was seemless between the two than yeah this could be great.
This isn't necessarily true, PYS has great online play even against people in Japan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »