Home

EA and NCAA Football Announce Videogame Development Fellowship

This is a discussion on EA and NCAA Football Announce Videogame Development Fellowship within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #17
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: EA and NCAA Football Announce Videogame Development Fellowship

thats cool, now lets see if they make an impact on ncaa13...
Old 01-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #18
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Nothing wrong with this move whatsoever.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #19
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
From my phone the only part of the title I could see was, "EA Sports and NCAA announce videogame.". I thought we were getting an FCS game.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:12 AM   #20
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

I see it as good. It cant really get worse.

Can it?
Old 01-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #21
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yeah, I think we need to be supportive, yet skeptical at this point, boys. It doesn't take an ex football player to figure out what's wrong with the game. Just make it how it looks on TV - it can't be that hard to compare and apply.
I agree while I still think this is a PR move I still think we need to be at least supportive yet guarded at the same time..I am pretty sure that EA has had former college players working with them on this game and they also have the resources to obtain any information from NCAA coaches etc. to implement the neccessary intricancies and strategies into NCAA football. I truly think it goes deeper than that as far as coding and what direction EA wants to go with the game. Knowing x's and o's and actually being able to implement them into a game is totally different, and probably hard to do. I don't think EA's problem lies in not actually knowing the game of football its 'being able to put it in the game without becoming to "sim" or "arcade". C'mon man they have football coaches and football players who they can easily get feedback from so I don't see that as a problem. I am more concerned about the feature set not at least being on par with last generation consoles. Features from 7 years ago should not have to trickle in year after year and made to look as if they are somehow groundbreaking. Camera angles, presentation packages, player movement, penalties etc..should've all evolved to a point where the difference is substantially noticeable from last generation..(and frankly it's not).

This game should be open for Beta testing and given community feedback during the cycle. Not just open to a few individuals who happen to either own websites or have the time to devote to this game to figure out the little nuances involved. Skills, Play and a host of other roster makers have done a great job of making this game playable and enjoyable ..but it truly shouldn't have to come down to that at all. While I know that's a pipe dream as far as Beta testing something else needs to get done to get the entire community involved to get feedback..maybe a midcycle demo?..etc..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 32

I think this is a great move by EA! Any additional football expertise would surely be helpful. I think EA realizes this game is on the verge of football greatness. It is... NCAA 12 is the best football game I have ever played. IF EA can find a way to improve on NCAA 12 (REMOVE BUGS and FREEZING) NCAA 13 has an opportunity to become the god of all football games.

They are sooo close.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #23
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Why a player? Get a coach on board and the realism of the gameplay, recruiting, etc would be through the roof.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 21

Instead of the pre-relase hype that they shove in our faces each year, how about addressing some issues that don't require "real world talent" but "programmer talent"

1. Make it so the offense can't tell if a defense is playing zone or man before the defense even lines up. (CB's bouncing outside then inside...or immediately
lining up over their man....some of you know what i am talking about)

2. How about giving me control of how my defenders shift pre-snap, not just moving on their own, giving away if you are playing cover 2 or cover 3. Give me more pre-snap looks other than just show blitz.

3. Make sure flipping plays and motion don't cause my men playing man not to line up properly.

4. Base defenses should be in EVERY formation. I should not have to hunt down a particular base defense in only one formation in my playbook. I should have more run plays in 3 and 4 wide formations...not just draws.

5. Can I please send more than one man in motion ? Can I have formation audibles ?

6. Can you make it so my AI team mates play their zones and not run to cover areas they have no business being in(hook zones in particular) It also seems certain formations make them play their zones oddly.

7. Does shading work ? If so would someone please explain it. Can I assign a LB to jam a TE at the LOS ?

8. Can you make it so stunts/twists are a part of the pre-snap audibles you can make for the defensive line ?

9. CBs playing a cover 3 and chasing a WR that has gotten behind them should NOT be going after balls thrown to another WR BEHIND them. How on EARTH could he know the ball was thrown with his back to the LOS ?

10. Run Blocking and pass blocking still need work. There are MANY times I see offensive linemen not know who to block if they dont find a first level defender to block. Instead of moving on to the 2nd level they just stand there and block no one. They also don't peel off double team blocks fast enough a lot.

11. Can we finally get real multi hit tackles ? Not the I come in to layeth the smack down only to see my defender go into a tumbleweed animation.

12. Super leaping LB's need to go away just like the rain song...their f-f-fake speed and jump height is just plain wrong(Just sing that to the song mirrors)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »