Home

UFC Undisputed 3 Career Mode Trailer

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3 Career Mode Trailer within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
UFC Undisputed 3 Career Mode Trailer

If you can't view the video above, check it out on our YouTube Channel.

The video features Quentin Rampage Jackson talking about his fighting career from Pride, to WFA, then eventually to the UFC and it relates his story to the career mode in UFC Undisputed 3. It is an absolutely wonderful promo trailer, check it out and let us know what you think! Are you planning on buying the game?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Pre-order is already in.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
is it just me or is this UFC Undisputed 2010 but now you have 2 fights in one night which really is no different to the gamer.

My issue with career modes in boxing/fighting games are that they are unoriginal and repetitive. In other sports games there is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes that allows you to manage things behind the scenes. In UFC there is no managing, its you train you fight repeat boring. Unlike at least in WWE where there is stories and such.
Being a professional fighter is a very intense thing, driving around to different camps each day to specialize, or maybe you also run a gym you have to coach at. You fly all over the world to hit different camps to train for your fights. If any of you have ever wrestled, cutting weight at a high level is likely one of the lowest points you will feel in your life for those hours or in some cases days.

But.... this translates HORRIBLY to the console, and the additions that made this game a 2 year cycle seem minimal on a one year cycle.

They need to add something, maybe like WWE Universe where you manage the UFC, yet can still have a career going. Or manage a competitor where you need to sign fighters to stay with you and compete against the UFC. I know it has been said I don't know if it would help much, but have TUF show rights and make you go through that route.
Maybe have the option of being a fighter who runs a gym like Matt Sera. Maybe you fight and have other guys on your team fighting trying to make it in the UFC and your talent rubs off on them and your goal is to become the top gym.

I don't know what they need to do, but adding Pride Grand Prix seems like crap. Adding it to the game is great but making that the fundamental part of your career mode is crap.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8
^^^^ co sign 1000%

hell why not even take a page from Skate 3 and organize street teams to spread the word of you trying to come up in the lower circuits as you make your way to the UFC...something more immersive to make you feel like you've finally arrived once you get that call...

I dont want a FN:champion story arc, but something other than train for fight, fight, lame p.r. session, wash, rinse, repeat...
Old 01-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
If you look at it games like this are honestly glorified fighting games with RPG elements. There isn't much people know about fighting. The VAST majority of gamers that play UFC, EA MMA, or FN don't care much for the ins and outs just the fighting and winning. EA MMA was probably the best example of how an MMA game should be. I'm sorry for UFC fan boys but Undisputed while fun was stiff and the control scheme was outrageously ridiculous.

And the audacity of you two to think a gamer should work for something in a game when they payed $60 already LOL!! Naw just kidding. But seriously these gamers don't remember the days of Tecmo Bowl and Mike Tyson Punch out or the Original Punch Out. They know nothing about challenge and actually working hard to improve your game or your fighter they would just rather pop in the game and be crowned champ.

I do get what you guys are saying though and I think that would be a great online edition. Think about it..once you have worked to become champion your pretty much done. Unless you run through the story mode in each weight class (that's what I did on the FN games I owned) the only other option is to take your fighter online and fight some other 95+ rated fighter to see who can actually play. I would like to see and organized effort in putting together an Online league of sorts. EA MMA did it and it was a great idea...just poorly executed.

Start with a underground fighter, join a Gym, fight underground fights, fight in big Non-Weight Class tournaments kick ***, and move up. As you improve your gym should improve up until you can build your own. And allow players to form teams with a max of four fighters per weight class. Fight other gyms, post Gym rank online in-game, etc. That's the only way I see at least an MMA game having a longer lasting appeal. They should take the Career Mode and implement it online. Owners of the Gyms can set up fights, have a Automated Dana White ( or whoever) and he will point out the best fights for you to improve and increase your chances at becoming champion. So on and so forth.

Lets face outside of team sports the time for single player Sports games is almost non-existent. They can still offer the single player mode but if UFC and THQ want to do something epic Online is where it needs to happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #6
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
I think a online league would be awesome! Fighting your way through a weight class full of other users and AI opponents alike would be a blast and give a real meaning to being the champ
Old 01-19-2012, 03:35 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Career Mode Trailer

I'm a bit worried about career mode.

They've been very quiet about it until now with less than a month to go til the game is released.

That trailer really didn't do much either tbh...

I think someone else said it, but they need to make something like a WWE universe mode for the UFC games.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:40 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9
The video clearly shows an upgrade over the past two games, getting to play as a established UFC fighter in a real career mode is awesome. It's something I've always wanted and now we get that. Other then that we don't have many new details to really go off of. It's almost like combining a road to wrestlemania mode with the greatest moments mode of ufc games past. You're Rampage and you beat Chuck in the pride tournament and now you're up against Wanderlei and you have to change history and beat him. Now how many guys they'll have this for is anyone's guess I'm sure we will know more soon but I'm excited.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »