Home

No Madden NFL 13 Super Bowl Halftime Blog

This is a discussion on No Madden NFL 13 Super Bowl Halftime Blog within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #17
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: No Madden NFL 13 Super Bowl halftime blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I think lots of people need to look up the definition of insanity.
Ahem, such as still regularly visiting the very forum of the franchise that drives you completely nuts :P
Old 01-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Ahem, such as still regularly visiting the very forum of the franchise that drives you completely nuts :P
It doesn't drive me nuts. I want Madden to be the game it is supposed to be. However, I am realistic. It's been 8 years now. Every year is the same. There is a massive marketing/hype push and then a massive let down once we see that very little has changed. The football in Madden needs the most work - the gameplay. It's not very good right now.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #19
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature_Boy
This was just announced on the Madden NFL Twiiter feed: FYI- There will not be a Madden NFL 13 Super Bowl halftime blog. We'll start discussing Madden NFL 13 once we're ready to talk features. Don't worry. We're coming out BIG this year!
Hypetrain is already getting fired up!
Old 01-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #20
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

@ all the understandable skeptics, I would just like to point out there have not really been that many times that next gen Madden has been touted to be focused on realism, imo. The only two times that come to mind for me are M10, "What you see on Sunday's" and M12 "True to the game", both of which while far from being stellar games, were "big" improvements of their predecessors.

Even though I disagreed with Ian and Phil's "realism/fun balance" POV, I give them credit for taking Madden in a fundamental direction it had NEVER been before with M10. It of course fell short in many areas and M11 did little to compliment it but M12 picked up the torch "full sprint", imo.

Nothing is accomplished in one cycle, whether that's making a top notch simulation or a casual friendly arcade game. So as disappointed as we all might be with this generation of Madden as a whole, there is little doubt Madden began trending towards increased realism for M10 and M12 seemed to double down on that last year. Considering that, a simple tweet about "we're coming out big this year", in relation to M13 seems like a potentially Big F'n Deal for increased authenticity, imo.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #21
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't last year "surprise onside kick", and "tuners"?

If that's the case - seeing as how those turned out - I can see why they'd be taking a new approach.
Added to the fact Ian is not running the show so i guess the new guy will keep a low profile until around the NFL draft...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #22
Rookie

cletusdog's Arena

OVR: 6

It's gonna be the newest Madden EVER.

...and a Baba Booey to y'all
Old 01-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

3 pages about an announcement of....literally nothing.

Yep, I'm in the madden forum, all right.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #24
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
It doesn't drive me nuts. I want Madden to be the game it is supposed to be. However, I am realistic. It's been 8 years now. Every year is the same. There is a massive marketing/hype push and then a massive let down once we see that very little has changed. The football in Madden needs the most work - the gameplay. It's not very good right now.
I think this is a profound statement because it highlights the fact that our individual opinion of M13 and beyond will probably stem from our football expectations of the game. Every since the exclusive license was extended and I realized Madden would be my only NFL game for many more years, I looked for it to emulate what other NFL games from the past did well. Finally in 2010 with the release of M11, I realized that probably wasn't going to happen, at least on this generation of consoles.

For some reason, M10 gave me the impression of Ian and crew making a strong push towards emulating more of NFL2k5. However, it seems like shortly after that somebody at Tiburon realized, they just weren't very good at it and that they wouldn't be successful trying to be NFL2k or any other NFL title. M12 seems like a foundational change from what Madden and past NFL football games have been, good or bad.

I don't think Madden 13 will have the same football positive or negatives of other acclaimed past NFL games and I am finally ok with that. That is, as long as the football represented uniquely in Madden is NFL fundamental and realistic.

So if DB mirroring/warping can't be helped any more, cool, then add animations where receivers and defenders actually fight for the ball in the air so receivers can become pass defenders and vice versa. If pass trajectory can't be adjusted, cool, only allow defenders within a 1-3 yard radius of the projected ball placement spot to jump for non-bullet passes. If unrealistic QB dropbacks and cross body throws can't be taken out, cool, make these passes result in grounded balls and thrown away passes. If weight and momentum can't be properly animated, cool, have pressing sprint while simultaneously using special move buttons or sharp analog stick moves result in applicable injuries and/or stumbling/falling animations. If.....well I think people get my point.

Basically, I don't care how Madden chooses to simulate NFL football, in relation to its' existing legacy positives and negatives because NFL football can still be simulated in spite of them, imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »