Home

Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2012, 02:57 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions

I have found a way to beat the cpu when he plays at the net. All you have to do is hit top spin shots and he will hit the ball wide. This is a big flaw as i could win 3 0 on superstar using this method. Hopefully this will be fixed in final version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 01:25 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions

Actually after playing several more games on superstar using both players, the top spin shots don't always make the cpu hit the ball wide and i had some very good and tense battles.

I hope the small bugs in the demo are ironed out as i really love the gameplay in this game, look forward to reading the reviews!
Old 01-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Arrives Tomorrow, Trailer Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
yea how come we can get all these Tennis games an no NCAA Basketball
Tennis games sell real well in Europe. Usually in the millions.

College Hoops has no foreign presence and can't even crack half a million sales in the States.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #68
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
I like it, but I have no idea how to beat anyone that goes to net.

It seems that once they go to net, I can't hit a shot past them and if I lob, they always get to it and just slam the ball past me.

Is there something I'm supposed to be doing while lobbing? It just floats in the air, and I can't for the life of me get the ball to slice around the line (I know this is a hard shot in real life, but I'd like to at least try to attempt it) so that it can pass by the volleyer.
Do not lob. Aim cross court and then let go and hit down the line for the passing shot winner.

Rather satisfying.

I am not sure why some people say pro is easier..I beat pro 3-0 in less than 5 minutes. I have not dropped a game on superstar in weeks...bring on the real version!!!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #69
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Might have scored more points in one match in the demo than I ever have in Top Spin 3, and I own that game.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #70
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Arrives Tomorrow, Trailer Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Tennis games sell real well in Europe. Usually in the millions.

College Hoops has no foreign presence and can't even crack half a million sales in the States.
this is true.... TS and VT releases their games every other year which CH can do as well or perhaps every 2 years instead of every year. just send the us roster updates and we'll be fine. i still play CH 2k8..... although graphics fails when compared to latest NBA, but the gameplay is superb.

going back to tennis..... i know this game is great based on the demo. but knowing EA (i have the NHL 12, yearly i get this series), i doubt every games they have. ask ps3 owners who have NHL 12 and they will tell you its full of bugs and freezing issues.

i'll just keep on checking this forum and see how you guys finding this GST2. and perhaps by summer i will have a decision whether to buy it or not
Old 01-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #71
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

hmm, I haven't bought a Tennis game since the original XNS Top Spin on Xbox.....played that one quite a bit until I got tired of Sampras Net Huggers

As with any sports game, I'll be looking for the Sliders/Options/AI Tendencies...That is not one of EAs stronger traits

I will say Im not a huge tennis buff, only really like watching Nadal in the majors( Go Rafa!!)....so maybe Im not picking up on all the flaws of the demo, and Ive had a decently fun time with it.........

However I have a uneasy feeling that this game will be more like Fight Night Champion then NHL

I hope its not littered with bugs and broken sliders/AI

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »