Home

MLB 12 The Show Franchise Mode Improvements

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Franchise Mode Improvements within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #185
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 12 The Show Franchise Mode Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
As for the space limitations, I am wondering if it is possible for the devs to program the stats spreadsheet so that some stats are automatically calculated, Microsoft Excel style? If it is possible, I would think it would save a lot of memory/harddrive space. For example, instead of having K/9 specifically implemented in the game, just have the game divide column #42 (total strikeouts) by column #10 (total innings pitched). There are probably at least 20-30 stats that are already in-game that can be calculated simply by manipulating other stats, thus that's 20-30 stat lines worth of filespace you'd be saving.

In fact, I bet that's how the devs added the last year's Advanced Stats DLC (and probably this year's new stats as well). Some people (like me) were kinda disappointed by the lineup of the advanced stats added, because they were not the most exciting stats to look at.... but the benefit was that ALL the stats included in that package could be computed from the other basic stats already in the game, like you described above.

So effectively they were doing what you wrote... without increasing the size of stats that needed to be stored.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2012, 04:32 AM   #186
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Well...I've proposed(to Kolbe...so I'll resend it to Aaron) a system that would be something like this.....
(it's "stolen" from Minor League Analyst....but I think it's perfect for gaming)

Potential would be....
10. Hall of Famer(VERY few would get this rating)
9. Elite Player
8. Solid regular
7. Average player
6. Platoon player
5. MLB reserve
4. Top Minor Leaguer
3. Average Minor Leaguer
2. Minor League Reserve
1. Roster Filler

Then there would be a probability rating of that potential and how likely a player would be to reach it. This would drive his range of growth as well(better rating...better the likely jump)
A. 90% chance of reaching potential
B. 70% chance of reaching potential
C. 50% chance of reaching potential
D. 30% chance of reaching potential
E. 10% chance of reaching potential

There would also be a +/- to that letter to fill in between chances.

This would make every aspect of player evaluation much more intriguing.

At draft....Draft the 9C player....who might be the next Verlander....the next Hamilton
or go with the 8A guy who is a "lock" to get to the MLB level and contribute solidly to your ballclub

It could be dynamic.....and also be dependent on how good your scout is too see such a rating.

So...I still think that progression should be programmed in ......but how that progression/regression is handed out should be dependent on some new criteria.

M.K.
Knight165
Sounds great.

I wonder when SCEA will finally get you on their payroll?
Old 01-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #187
Rookie

OVR: 1
That's genius Knight (even though you borrowed it haha). I would love to have that by 2014 (I'm an every two years guy).
Old 01-31-2012, 05:10 PM   #188
Rookie

OVR: 0
Knight, any word on the financial issues being worked out for franchise? Ive read throught this entire post and only saw one other person mention it. Flawless trade logic and a new free agent signing process is going to be pretty useless if all the teams are in debt after 4-5 seasons and therefore cant afford free agents or to take on contracts in trades. I would hate to see a list of all stars on the free agent list for the 3rd straight year because the "2014 franchise glitch" bleeds into its third year.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #189
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsonoma01
Knight, any word on the financial issues being worked out for franchise? Ive read throught this entire post and only saw one other person mention it. Flawless trade logic and a new free agent signing process is going to be pretty useless if all the teams are in debt after 4-5 seasons and therefore cant afford free agents or to take on contracts in trades. I would hate to see a list of all stars on the free agent list for the 3rd straight year because the "2014 franchise glitch" bleeds into its third year.
The answer to your questions are really here in this thead...
...http://www.operationsports.com/forum...editor-14.html...start on page 14 for all the answers from community day....

The short answer is yes...it wasn't a problem from the testing tabarnes19 and I did while there. I got to 2020...2025 a few times with no young good FA's sitting(there were times when some 35 y.o. guys who were "good"(NOT what you would consider "top") sat at the start of the year and either got signed during the year(to cover injury) or got signed the following year(I guess he recharged his batteries after a year off)....
Teams did run tight sometimes, but usually corrected. (a few even were in the red at the start of spring training)...but went back in black the following season.
Aaron and Brent were also still tweaking the actual budgets and possibly looking at a way to "infuse" some owner money into salary budgets each year if necessary. But we were home already and didn't get to see any of that in action.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-31-2012, 07:15 PM   #190
Rookie

OVR: 2
I have a question : we all know in franchise mode with 30 team control, we have to manually simulate all games in View Today's Game section to be able to see live results in ticker on or stadiums boards. I like to do that at the end of season during pennant chase. Love to see the team I'm chasing trailing like 4-0 in middle of the fifth while I'm playing.

My question is (finally!) can we now simulate all today's game in one without seeing other games scores ? or just a function to hide scores?

It's a real little feature I asked for last april....

thx
Old 01-31-2012, 07:22 PM   #191
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon999
I have a question : we all know in franchise mode with 30 team control, we have to manually simulate all games in View Today's Game section to be able to see live results in ticker on or stadiums boards. I like to do that at the end of season during pennant chase. Love to see the team I'm chasing trailing like 4-0 in middle of the fifth while I'm playing.

My question is (finally!) can we now simulate all today's game in one without seeing other games scores ? or just a function to hide scores?

thx
My function to hide scores is close my right eye and simulate each game...just press x, then click down twice (maybe 3 to sim game)
, then x again..then move down to next game. Sometimes I will catch a glimpse of the winning emblem on the left hand side, but for the most part it works like a charm and takes about 15 seconds. Yes I am dorky
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2012, 07:54 PM   #192
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon999

thx
Ya man I hate having to sim every game

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »