Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Legacy Challenge Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Legacy Challenge Details Revealed within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #9
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14
Seems EA took a page from 2k..
Old 02-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Legacy Challenge Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Seems EA took a page from 2k..
A page from Hot Shots Golf more like. We've been waiting YEARS for something resembling realistic PGA TV-style presentation, Tour Mode customization options, along so much else, and instead this is the sort of thing they spend their time adding to the series, bah. I'm sure my 9 year-old nephew will thoroughly enjoy playing as 2 year-old Tiger.

Last edited by peigone; 02-08-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #11
Rookie

ctulb's Arena

OVR: 0

Given the series' recent track record, we probably won't have any of the following:

- round 4 greens without a pin placement needing 8 putts to get down
- any kind of playoff at the end of tournaments
- multiplayer career
- enough golfers to allow for a realistic President's/Ryder Cup setup such that I don't have Michael Campbell playing for Europe or Morgan Pressel playing for the US

but we will have

- motion captures for a 6-year old

Don't know about you, but I can't wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #12
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

Im not a conspiracy theorist here.. but most people who view this forum would scoff at story modes. Any one posting their "Excitement" about another story mode feature in another Tiger Woods game is a bit suspect to me. EA loves story modes because they can simply repackage old code and spit out a "new" game mode quickly. How many ways can they package "Play these 4 par 5's on Pebble Beach in -4 or less".... EA will find out....

They avoid the hard work... and play around with stupid things... This should not have been their first big reveal as it will turn away their core buyers. When have they ever understood their "base" though....
Old 02-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
This should not have been their first big reveal as it will turn away their core buyers.
You really think so? I'd say 95% of the core buyers for all their sports games are pick up and play gamers who want fun modes, and have little interest in old fashioned sim gameplay. That's why Madden, FIFA, NHL and Tiger Woods are what they are, every year.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
You really think so? I'd say 95% of the core buyers for all their sports games are pick up and play gamers who want fun modes, and have little interest in old fashioned sim gameplay. That's why Madden, FIFA, NHL and Tiger Woods are what they are, every year.
I disagree since they are so poorly done most of the time that even the most casual of gamers would be turned off of them by now and they usually only last a few hours of gameplay simply as a diversion. The bread and butter of any sports game is always the career/season mode and online. People like to lose themselves in a season mode, that's why NBA2K12 and Madden have suffered sales drops in recent years because the career mode has stayed essentially the same and they waste the new stuff with fluff pieces.

Fight Night Champion followed the same path as TW13. Using the same boring career template with minor cosmetic changes and adding a story mode instead and sales flopped. I expect the same to happen with TW13 especially compared to TW12 which relied on Augusta to increase sales. Playing as Tiger when he was kid is hardly going to have people flock in droves to buy it.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #15
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
I would like to see their research on this. When I think core buyer... I think of someone like myself.. I have purchased TW every year since 2002. Play it as my primary game. And know it inside and out. Maybe they think that no matter what they do, people like me will buy. I would consider however that their first intros to the new game would only work on those most loyal to the game. It should be to get that person interested. We are the only ones paying attention right now. As you get closer to launch, you can begin to market toward the "Casual" gamer and try to pick up some additional sales there.

My point is that the marketing of games from EA in general seems counter intuitive. Only hardcore fans pay attention 6 months before release. Give them red meat first and save the "gimmicks" for when the gimmick buyer really pays attention. My first reaction about a new "Story" mode is likely the reaction of most who frequent this place... To sum up its... "Are you kidding me?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #16
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

and I ask the question again... How many times can they repackage... "Beat Old Tom Morris on the Front 9 of St. Andrews..." There is zero depth to that anymore and EA just takes the easy way out instead of risking a complete redesign.............

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »