Home

MLB 2K12 Video - Official Trailer

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Video - Official Trailer within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #17
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 2K12 Video - Official Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
yeah, if one were to make that comment in a different thread he would have been in big trouble.
Maybe the guys in different threads use this more:

Mods likely aren't spending near as much time in this forum simply because there is less of a reason to (i.e. less traffic, less new info, etc). So, sometimes they need to be alerted. They'll respond if it's legit.

Anyway, as for the trailer, I thought it looked very nice overall. Looks like the jerseys aren't quite as glued to the players as before, which will be nice if that's really the case.

The trouble is, 2K's trailers normally look better than the game in action, simply because the issues with 2K's animation are in the more mundane events (basic running, fielding, etc). Highlight plays hide the shortcomings somewhat due to not seeing the whole transition and only seeing the best of the game. I mean, that's the case with all games' trailers, of course, but it's more dramatic IMO with 2K baseball due to the lingering problems with basic movements that can't possibly be evaluated through a trailer.

Still, nice to see some footage.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 32
Game looks better in screen shots than it actually does in motion. Animations overall still seem stiff and not very fluid IMO. Running, some of the swings shown and non highlight type of plays seem very stiff. Guess it will eventually get there, but they just don't seem to be getting a handle on MLB like the have NBA.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #19
Rookie

douggoud's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
Albert struck out. Ha ha
Haha, we'll see who has the last laugh at the end of the year.

ANYWAYS, I'm I the only one that notice that the ball (still) stays in the players hand for too long when they throw? (It might of just been the video, but it sort of seemed like they still haven't fixed that, and the last MLB 2K game I played was 2k8 -_- )

Last edited by douggoud; 02-09-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #20
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkim23
Looked decent...I still have some gripes

This is an assumption, but from what I see on the passed ball, the catcher still doesn't take his mask off, which some can argue is a small detail, but it's a fundamental part of the game/playing the position!

2k11 played a decent-good game of baseball, but it has so many small things that ruin the whole immersion effect. I don't know if this is the proper post to whine/complain, so I'll keep it short.

Home plate plays are not exciting. Umps always look like they are kind of just standing around. The catcher never blocks the plate (another fundamental part of the position).

Similar note, outfield throws, with that stupid hop, look bad. Especially under a fly ball, and a runner is tagging from third, once your inside the circle, you can't adjust your player to move behind the ball to charge up the throw.

Small detail, but players often just stand around, coming in/out of transitions (end of play/inning, hitting->running, after throwing/catching ball) are often not smooth and make the players feel robotic.

There is just no life in the game, crowd noises, player reactions, etc.

Sorry to sound like a *****, I look forward to 2k12, I'm just tired (as with many other people I'm sure), of getting disappointed!
If you are just going to assume things will be the same in 2k12 as they were in 2k11 it would seem to be a waste of time to even venture into any thread about 2k12. You are right the little details will ultimately decide this games fate.

Looks pretty good to me. Animations look good as well.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #21
Banned

Billy Beane's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official MLB 2K12 Trailer

Looks great actually, which isnt the norm for 2k baseball since 2k5. Figures they may actually get it right just as there liscense is expirering.

Owell hope for all the best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #22
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm impressed they used McCutchen for the last shot because I assume most baseball people forgot that the Pirates even exist. Is there a reason the whole trailer only showed day games?
Old 02-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #23
Rookie

Charles Hustle's Arena

OVR: 0

Looks like 2K11. And god are those Marlins jerseys horrific looking.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #24
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
nice ps2 trailer, now wheres the 360/ps3?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »