Home

MLB 2K12 Developer Diary #1 - Gameplay (Part 1)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Developer Diary #1 - Gameplay (Part 1) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: MLB 2K12 Developer Diary #1 - Gameplay (Part 1)

I echo a lot of the sentiments. I really like the fact you have to pitch to your pitcher tendencies and that abusing certain pitches and location will hurt you. As for turning off the display so you can't see it I'm guessing you can turn off the black zones if you turn the strike zone off. Last year you could turn off the strike zone and hitter's eye would automatically be off. Just a guess and I'm not sure about the abuse pitch meter as that is linked directly to the pitch selection. Normally 2K doesn't include a lot of options like that. You couldn't turn of the text that showed up and said "OUT" or "SAFE" last year.

I still don't know if I believe them about pulling outside pitches. I'm going to have to see that to believe it. I really want the opposite field power to be toned down.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13

Nice info and all but nothing about when Kate Upton will give a hitting lesson.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Develop Diary # 1

Cannot say that I'm surprised swinging mechanics is still the same, it's almost a game breaker for me, however I'm curious to know if the hitting distribution is so much improved as described in the diary, it seems too good to be true. I wanna see more foul balls as a consequence of my bad timing, not because I tilted the stick right or left (they said they listened to user feedback, so everybody likes defensive swings but me).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Develop Diary # 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Cannot say that I'm surprised swinging mechanics is still the same, it's almost a game breaker for me
For me as well, am now busy checking prices for PS3's at Futureshop.ca...
Old 02-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #13
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Swinging is the same? They said the timing along with pitch location and player attributes will effect where the ball goes. Sounds much improved to me but I guess if you want to aim a little gun site around the screen then yeah - probably not what you wanted to hear.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Swinging is the same? They said the timing along with pitch location and player attributes will effect where the ball goes. Sounds much improved to me but I guess if you want to aim a little gun site around the screen then yeah - probably not what you wanted to hear.
Two different things. One is hit variety. The other is the hitting system. 2K uses timing only while some people want zone hitting.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Nothing changed or improved about the hitting system, that's the same as ever. Totally different thing than their claims regarding improved hit distribution/variety.

EDIT: What rudy said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
but I guess if you want to aim a little gun site around the screen...
It's clear you really don't understand the difference in hitting systems. Zone hitting is more that aiming a "gun sight." Hit success is determined by how close you come to putting the greatest amount of wood on the ball. Just like real baseball in other words, and something that's completely missing from the game with 2K's timing-only system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »