Home

SSX Demo Arrives on February 21st (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on SSX Demo Arrives on February 21st (360, PS3) within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: SSX Demo Arrives on February 21st (360, PS3)

My friends and I always played this game as a pass the controller type thing. See who had the fastest time and highest score. splitscreen was more distracting than anything.

This could be the sports game of the year. It's crazy people are passing on it because of no split screen..lol. Just seems a little extreme to me.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #10
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
My friends and I always played this game as a pass the controller type thing. See who had the fastest time and highest score. splitscreen was more distracting than anything.

This could be the sports game of the year. It's crazy people are passing on it because of no split screen..lol. Just seems a little extreme to me.
I'm most certainly not passing on it, but my little sister will be. She won't play this game by herself; she would only do it if we could play at the same time. Same would go for a game like Pure.

It just saddens me that game companies have decided people don't value split-screen play anymore. Same with Legacy control schemes for shooters, but that's a completely different story.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #11
MVP

Methlab's Arena

I loved doing a run and taking a break then trying to beat the prior run, so I am good to go. Thats how we all played it.

I also value the online aspect a lot more as well, so I guess I'm more in the target demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #12
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I've been complaining about this since Day 1. For all of the things that SSX has done so well in the past and translated over to this game, they've completely eliminated split-screen offline play. Other brand name games, such as Twisted Metal and Call of Duty, decided to expand their split-screen play and allow you to play online as well. I just had a blast playing with my buddy online last night.

It's really a shame and makes me wonder why they did it. Look, I love online play as much as the next guy, but I don't want it to replace offline multiplayer. The fact that people now default the word "multiplayer" to mean online play already shows how much game companies don't care about split-screen play anymore.
Well said, very well said. To leave this mode out was pure oversight on truly understanding what the community wants. For me, the utmost enjoyment is running split-screen mode locally with a friend.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

It would be nice if it had split screen and a true head-to-head multiplayer mode but I can live without it. The game still looks fantastic and I can't wait to play the demo tomorrow and then buy the game next week. It'll be a blast.

And if the game sells well, they said that they hope to make another SSX game in the future. So hopefully those features would be added in for it. I'm sure they would be. I also remember reading that split screen is something that they could possibly add in with a patch but it's not too likely. Something to keep an eye out for, though.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #14
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

One of the only racing/sports games my wife ever played with me. Ah, my old friend split screen...you are missed.

Looking forward to the demo. Hope it includes a global event so we can see how the MP works.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

I will be passing. Hire some programmers who can do the split screen for you. Wow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #16
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14

demo is LIVE
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...5-d80245418988

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »