Home

THQ Launches WWE Wrestlefest on iPad and iPhone

This is a discussion on THQ Launches WWE Wrestlefest on iPad and iPhone within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
THQ Launches WWE Wrestlefest on iPad and iPhone

AGOURA HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 21, 2012-- THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced the release of WWE® WrestleFest™, a faithfully recreated 2-D experience for iPhone and iPad based on the well-known WWE arcade game made popular in the 1990s. Complete with current-day WWE Superstars, prominent WWE Legends, an extensive downloadable content program, Road to WrestleMania® progression play and multiplayer functionality, WWE WrestleFest is available now through Apple’s App Store for the suggested retail prices of US $2.99 (iPhone®) and US $3.99 (iPad®).

In addition today, THQ also announced WWE WrestleFest is in development for additional platforms, including Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Android™ and PC, with a currently scheduled release window of calendar year 2012.

WWE WrestleFest greatly complements our WWE videogames portfolio by delivering a unique and captivating way for fans to connect with the virtual WWE experience,” said Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President, Core Games, THQ. “The game’s arcade-style play, combined with present day WWE content and hints of nostalgia, is a perfect fit for handheld platforms like the iPhone and iPad.”

About WWE WrestleFest

Faithfully recreated in line with the classic arcade experience, WWE WrestleFest will provide players with a notable roster of current WWE Superstars and popular WWE Legends, including John Cena®, The Rock®, Randy Orton®, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin®, Undertaker®, Jake “The Snake” Roberts™ and “Macho Man” Randy Savage™. They will explore arcade-style WWE action across a variety of match types, including Royal Rumble®, Tag Team, Gauntlet and Steel Cage, while competing in a number of renowned arenas like Raw®, SmackDown®, WrestleMania® and Saturday Night’s Main Event®. The Road to WrestleMania progression-style mode will encourage players to select a WWE Superstar or WWE Legend and compete in a series of challenges to win five different WWE Championships, while wireless connectivity through Apple Game Center will enable them to issue multiplayer challenges.

WWE WrestleFest will also update the gameplay experience following launch with the release of 30 additional WWE Superstars and WWE Legends, as well as new arenas, through an extensive downloadable content program. Items currently scheduled for future release include WWE Superstars CM Punk®, Triple H® and Sheamus®, WWE Legends Shawn Michaels® and Big Boss Man™, as well as the classic Survivor Series® arena.

-----

Who is picking this up? I'm probably getting it about as soon as I finish submitting this post!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: THQ Launches WWE Wrestlefest on iPad and iPhone

That would be cool with modern day wrestlers. I still play this game from time to time.

"Hogan...........climbing on the top rope."
Old 02-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Xbox Live Arcade port please!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
Idk if it would work on the Xbox. I got it on the iPad and it's like I remember, the one thing i kept thinking though was that it wouldn't work on consoles well. but im interested to see where they go with DLC.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
scotty060 I'm curious why you dont think this would work on xbl? arcade classic beat em ups like tmnt, xmen, and simpsons work well on the console.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: THQ Launches WWE Wrestlefest on iPad and iPhone

gameplay, love it, nice fun change of pace and brings back so many memories of playing this in the arcade. downfall, IMO the roster stinks. i was hoping for more, wanted the old school roster, mixed with the new guys of today. sad
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 02-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15
I wonder when exactly the PSN and Xbox live versions will be released. Just saying during the calender year of 2012 makes me think it's going to be a while.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #8
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
looks cool, sure wish it was on PSN

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »