Home

Grand Slam Tennis 2 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Grand Slam Tennis 2 Review (360/PS3) within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #9
Staff Writer

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
Good fair review but could someone please explain to me the pros and cons of hitting the ball deep?
Thanks, Da-Man.

The cons: NONE.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #10
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6
A typical EA game. All show and no substance. Enough said.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 33
I would push the rating of the game to a 7 purely because EA have at least catered for offline multiplayers unlike any other recent tennis sim.

Despite a number of flaws EA have laid a solid foundation with Grand Slam Tennis 2. Only time will tell whether EA see this potential through to fruition or whether they just let the franchise stagnate as with the likes of the Fight Night series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #12
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
thanks for the honest review...you saved me some $$$$. ea is known for eye popping graphics but poor gameplay and career modes (or GM modes in some sports titles).
Old 02-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Review (360/PS3)

I'm playing on ps3 using a combo of sticks and face buttons. I agree that there should be more errors on the lower difficulty and career mode is way too easy to start with, but on superstar and online i'm loving it! I have found players with a high power and serve rating but a lower accuracy rating hit a lot more errors on serve, serena williams for example.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #14
Rookie

Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Review (360/PS3)

I just put my theory into practice, only players with a high power and serve rating but a low accuracy rating will hit a lot of errors on serve. Serena & Venus Williams, Andy Roddick being top 3, serve ratings in the 90's but accuracy rating about 68. By editing your created players ratings you can get it so that they all play much more realistically. Unfortunately you can't edit the players already in the game unless you re-create them, which i see some people have started to do.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 9
im on ps3 as well with a combo of sticks and buttons and have only played pro difficulty and online.and like i mentioned im seeing cpu errors on pro difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2012, 03:06 AM   #16
Rookie

typical EA crap! the carreer mode is garbage. the onine lags from time to time, i have a great internet connection, and none of my other games lag like this one. < this is with every EA game, EA needs to do something with their servers. when playing nadal you are always going to have a lag (online) due to his speed. so i give the game a 5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »