Home

Madden NFL 13 Team Focuses on Making Defense Fun Again, What Do You Hope to See?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Team Focuses on Making Defense Fun Again, What Do You Hope to See? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: EA Exec - Madden 13 to focus on Defense- Game Informer Article

Ok here we go again.

So he want too focus on defense, but what about offense, special teams...etc? Are we going too finally get defensive pass interference, what about physic LB and CB...there guys can talk all they want, but until the videos start showing pass interference flags for defense and other interactions, it's all talk. They going down the same road with this hype train, but getting a little tired of that EA.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #10

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

sounds good but offense needs to be touched just as bad. I seriously hope they fix the terrible ball trajectory, and make WRs attack the ball instead of playing a animation hoping the ball falls into their hands.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #11
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Sounds good.

What they need to focus on is the passing game. You can't throw to a WR before he makes his cut because the cb will either pick it off or your QB throws it some place crazy. It's hard to drop a pass in over a defender because they jump up an pick it off all the time, especially LBs.....

Sent from Jesus EVO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #12
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
Sounds good.

What they need to focus on is the passing game. You can't throw to a WR before he makes his cut because the cb will either pick it off or your QB throws it some place crazy. It's hard to drop a pass in over a defender because they jump up an pick it off all the time, especially LBs.....

Sent from Jesus EVO
QFT.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 02-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #13
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

If there are two more telling statements then these online I would love to see them.

Quote:
The Madden engine is an acquired taste that requires specific knowledge. We go through that all the time – I get phone calls I still shouldn't get as far as I'm concerned.
Quote:
What I like about the new team is that they haven't accepted any of the conventional wisdom about the product. I found that when I went down there a lot and talked about change I wanted to see in the product, I was considered a raving lunatic because I advocated more change than almost anybody else did.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #14
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 13 Team Focuses on Making Defense Fun Again, What Do You Hope to See?

Pass interference.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #15
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Improved player physics alone will make defense more fun, particularly when playing as a DB which I have found very frustrating this gne. Better DL play with specific controls for types of moves would be nice. The engage/disengage battle is pretty bland.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #16
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

OVR: 10
Defense????? Wait.... Aren't there already a million turnovers a game. When they say work on the defense I hope they mean better defense AI so offense can be fun again. No more Safteys jumping streak routes and jumping 5 feet. No Super Human LB's. Oh and the dreaded CB's with eyes in the back of their heads. Com'on EA. Bring us a real sim game again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »