Home

Tiger Woods 13: Country Clubs Online Feature Details, Demo Date Announced

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods 13: Country Clubs Online Feature Details, Demo Date Announced within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #9
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Tiger Woods 13: Country Clubs Online Feature Details, Demo Date Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Boost pins on the other hand, sound like another dumb gimmick to add to a sports game that has a long history of stupid gimmicks. I hope there is a way to block them from tournaments.
In my mind.. no different than the boosts associated with clubs and clothes of previous games... In essence getting a maxed out CAG....

What I like is that there will be a long term playability to the online...
Old 02-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2
Someone notify me when they figured out how to prevent people from shooting -30 on any given round.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
Someone notify me when they figured out how to prevent people from shooting -30 on any given round.
Setting up a round with at least breezy winds, gusts on, caddie off, black tees, hard tees, Tournament difficulty, Expert swing, Putt Preview off, Back Swing Meter off, green grid off, Pins off, True View on, Spin Control will just about guarantee to prevent "-30 on any given round".

That's what is so good about the Country Clubs this year. You can create or join a Country Club that uses the above tournament settings and compete within your own club with like minded players.

-MERACE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2012, 10:13 AM   #12
Rookie

ctulb's Arena

OVR: 0

Very much looking forward to this feature. Any information yet on the type of tournaments that can be created for your Country Club? Is it stroke play only? Is handicapping available?
Old 02-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #13
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctulb
Very much looking forward to this feature. Any information yet on the type of tournaments that can be created for your Country Club? Is it stroke play only? Is handicapping available?
You can create the same variety of tournaments in Custom Club Live Tournaments that EA currently creates in their Live Tournaments in Tiger 12. The only difference is that you'll be able to tailor the difficulty a bit more intricately. You'll also be able to force "True View", which we're not exactly sure what that means at this point.

The tournaments will be stroke play only, but I did see that there's a "Head to Head" play menu in the clubhouse's main menu page. I'm thinking that you would have the option for stroke play, match play, four ball, best ball, alternate shot, skins under that menu. I've got a question on the official website forum about that right now, but so far, no official response to it.

I think a club could use that facility to structure their own match play tournament, if match play is available in the head to head menu, as I suspect. You could seed the tournament according to club rankings and everyone could arrange their matches as needed.

As for handicapping... I've seen no mention of it anywhere. I doubt it's there, but this is the first time out of the chute with this new feature. It's really bitten off quite a bit for its maiden voyage, IMO. Maybe this is something we'll see in the future if the club function proves to be as popular as I think it will be.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #14
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

One interesting thing I gathered is that playing any mode will boost the status of your Country Club as long as you are connected to the servers.. This will make playing all modes and options beneficial. I like the sound of this whole system as it will be a huge tool in creating long term playability....
Old 02-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #15
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
One interesting thing I gathered is that playing any mode will boost the status of your Country Club as long as you are connected to the servers.. This will make playing all modes and options beneficial. I like the sound of this whole system as it will be a huge tool in creating long term playability....
Excellent point Guru! It will definitely add to the significance of what you're doing while playing the game, as long as you're connected. For whatever reason, EA Sports is trying to encourage online connection in this year's game. I'm sure there's got to be a marketing angle in it for them that we're not seeing, but so be it... that's what makes capitalism work - the buyer and the seller benefit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #16
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

The benefit is the same concept of the Freemium games on Ipads... You will have people buying Coins with real money... The more connected means the more people may choose to buy... Make a little extra Coin (pardon the pun)... I love the concept as if i want to be patient and play my way through... I can... If I am impatient and have $50 bucks burning a hole in my pocket... Bang.. It is in my hands and I am not forced to miss out on features if I do not want to pay... This whole online concept may end up being one of the best online experiences in sports video games.... It is however EA and if any one can screw up a good idea... they can....

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »