Home

Tiger Woods 13: Country Clubs Online Feature Details, Demo Date Announced

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods 13: Country Clubs Online Feature Details, Demo Date Announced within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #17
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Tiger Woods 13: Country Clubs Online Feature Details, Demo Date Announced

One question, do you still have to buy the DLC packs and then earn coins to play? I can't believe they would allow you a way to not pay for DLC.

The online sounds interesting. It would be neat to have an OS country club to compete against instead of having to deal with the freaks who can shoot -30 anywhere.

Looking forward to the demo.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #18
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

Actually if you purchase the DLC... It would be unlimited play... So no worries there.....
Old 02-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
One question, do you still have to buy the DLC packs and then earn coins to play? I can't believe they would allow you a way to not pay for DLC.
No. You can earn coins to get free play of DLC courses. However, the DLC courses for free are not enabled for offline career mode. According to EA, there were a number of issues with enabling the free DLC courses for play offline. I am going to buy all of the DLC courses so I do not run into any limitations playing online or offline. There also should be some discounts on the DLC courses for those who have their EA Sports Season Ticket.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #20
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
No. You can earn coins to get free play of DLC courses. However, the DLC courses for free are not enabled for offline career mode. According to EA, there were a number of issues with enabling the free DLC courses for play offline. I am going to buy all of the DLC courses so I do not run into any limitations playing online or offline. There also should be some discounts on the DLC courses for those who have their EA Sports Season Ticket.
Wasn't that the whole point of season ticket, getting reduced prices on DLC?
I believe we should be able download the whole game the weekend for free before release, or has EA abandoned that?
Old 02-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Wasn't that the whole point of season ticket, getting reduced prices on DLC?
I believe we should be able download the whole game the weekend for free before release, or has EA abandoned that?
Among other things yes and the game will be available for DL 3 days prior to release. I was simply responding to the DLC question that was asked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #22
Rookie

stormjr's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I don't think this is entirely true, Divot. The way I read the Dev response to my question was that you cannot use a RENTED course in the offline career. However, once they are Gold Mastered they behave like normal DLC.

Here's the comment from the dev:

Quote:
You have to be connected to purchase the rounds. You have to be connected to start playing a purchased round. The round consumes as soon as you start it, so you can lose connection after you begin playing and it is no big deal. You can still finish your round without any issue. If you quit your round for any reason, you have already consumed your round, so you won't get it back if you quit.

You can't use the rounds in career. Only Play Now, Live Tournaments, and H2H. There were too many complications with career. Mainly, if you started a tournament that was 4 rounds and you only had 1 round, you would be stuck until you made another purchase. So you can only use a DLC course in career if you have unlimited rounds to the course.

Once you have unlimited rounds, you are no longer required to be connected to use the course. The entitlement to the course is downloaded to your console and you have the same access to it that you had in the past with DLC courses.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:07 PM   #23
MVP

Thanks storm, I remember reading that quote and could not find it. Forgot about the Gold mastery allowing users to use the course in offline CM as well. Thanks again for the clarification....
Old 02-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #24
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Can you have people from different consoles in the same Country Club? I don't see why they couldn't do this if you are not require to play head to head. I have friends who have a PS3 and I'm on Xbox, it would be fun if we could all be apart of the same Online Country Club.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »