Home

Madden NFL 13 Team Focuses on Making Defense Fun Again, What Do You Hope to See?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Team Focuses on Making Defense Fun Again, What Do You Hope to See? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #89
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Team Focuses on Making Defense Fun Again, What Do You Hope to See?

I'd also like to see First down marker awareness. I recently played my buddy online and got him into a 3rd and 8 situation. He was working the middle most of the game so I called a cover 2 to play it safe. I expect my linebackers to drop back slightly to make sure they don't give up the first. Instead, they drop back 5 yards past the marker which made the first down pass incredibly easy for him. This is something simple enough that would really help the defensive side of the ball.

Eagles | Phillies | Flyers | Sixers
Old 02-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #90
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
With the refocus on defense I hope HOPE that the pass rush and blocking logic is adjusted, we can disguise blitzes with some pre snap movement and disguise coverage like ps2 era.
(MAN LOCK I'M LOOKING AT YOU.). And possibly bring back full pass rush move controls.

Either way I'm in wait and see mode.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:18 AM   #91
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
With the refocus on defense I hope HOPE that the pass rush and blocking logic is adjusted, we can disguise blitzes with some pre snap movement and disguise coverage like ps2 era.
(MAN LOCK I'M LOOKING AT YOU.). And possibly bring back full pass rush move controls.

Either way I'm in wait and see mode.
If by man lock your talking reverse camera for defense I am right there with you on that one. Just hope it finally makes it in.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2012, 01:35 AM   #92
Rookie

OPDriver's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 13 Team Focuses on Making Defense Fun Again, What Do You Hope to See?

We shall see. They have a lot to improve and I honestly don't see it happening.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #93
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
If by man lock your talking reverse camera for defense I am right there with you on that one. Just hope it finally makes it in.
no no. Though i love that camera in NCAA and i agree on that point it would be great in Madden, I'm actually speaking on man lock how it was used on PS, where say you call a zone play, but tap the man lock button, so the players line up like they're playing man coverage, but the zone responsibilities change based on where those players line up. Pretty much a bluff of coverage
Old 02-27-2012, 12:31 AM   #94
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

I would also like to have an option to have my corners play inside coverage or outside. It would help when getting abused up the middle and help cover the sidelines at the end of a game when trying to conserve a win.

Eagles | Phillies | Flyers | Sixers
Old 02-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #95
MVP

The things I hope to see (and pretty much all that is needed imo) is for gravity to be respected and for the players to move about the field similar to human beings, ie heavy turns, weight, a bit of mass, etc. FIFA has this down pretty good. Check the player movement in FIFA 12 or the old gen Madden/NCAAs to see exactly what I mean.

That is ALL that is needed.

Almost forgot, a global editor to get everything just right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #96
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I'd like to be able to assign a defender (for example the SS) to cover the CPU TE without it resulting in zone coverage chaos...

The only thing that works is the first 3 WRs...

The 4th WR / TEs/ HBs...not so mucho...

Also:

Smarter "Spy" logic...

I'd like to see the "old stuff" work before they attempt "new stuff"...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »