Home

MLB 12 The Show Gameplay Video - White Sox vs. Twins

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Gameplay Video - White Sox vs. Twins within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #9
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 12 The Show Gameplay Video - White Sox vs. Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanson93
Yeah, the banner has been this way since they added Target Field to The Show. I wish they would change it, but after a game or two I quit noticing it for some reason...
That banner in real life has game stats on it during the game.

And I heard in the future so will MLB The Show

Just like they did last year by adding real life jumbotrons someday they will be adding real life LED Ribben boards to all the statiums aswell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1599_1.jpg (166.8 KB, 257 views)

Last edited by tnixen; 02-28-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #10
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
Looks great! BUT....

1.) Something tells me that the banner at Target Field shouldn't be moving as I'm sure realistically it would distract the hitters...

2.) Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of cut scenes that show the pitcher after almost every pitch?

Whatever though, looks great as hell and can't wait to play it..
Not after almost every pitch, but like you see it on tv. I'd say that they show the pitcher more often than the batter on tv (especially after balls), so I think that's pretty realistic.

Last edited by Bulls321974; 02-28-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Carlness looks awesome in this game. His motion is done perfectly and he has that cool, calm, and lackadaisical look to him when he's throwing. Target Field also looks extremely well done. It's awesome how a couple of us really pinpointed areas of the stadium that needed fixing, and of course they fixed them. It's just really cool to see how the developers listen and care. I can't wait to play a night game and finally see that Minny and Paul sign glow up during the whole game. I've been waiting 2 years for that. I tell ya what though it's going to be a challenge playing with the Twins in franchise. I kind of like that.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #12
Rookie

Kalkano's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Carlness looks awesome in this game. His motion is done perfectly and he has that cool, calm, and lackadaisical look to him when he's throwing. Target Field also looks extremely well done. It's awesome how a couple of us really pinpointed areas of the stadium that needed fixing, and of course they fixed them. It's just really cool to see how the developers listen and care. I can't wait to play a night game and finally see that Minny and Paul sign glow up during the whole game. I've been waiting 2 years for that. I tell ya what though it's going to be a challenge playing with the Twins in franchise. I kind of like that.
Yeah, that sort of team has it's ups and downs. You struggle quite a bit at first, but you also leave your fingerprints and make it "your" team much faster.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #13
Rookie

mhanson93's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
... I tell ya what though it's going to be a challenge playing with the Twins in franchise. I kind of like that.
Yeah, it will be tough. I'm contemplating trying another team since the Twins are going to be rated so low. Since the game is so hard for me, I don't think I will have a lot of fun using a really bad team....

But I will probably cave, suck it up and use them anyway...
Tennis: Andy Roddick
NBA: Yawn
Old 02-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #14
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
That banner in real life has game stats on it during the game.

And I heard in the future so will MLB The Show

Just like they did last year by adding real life jumbotrons someday they will be adding real life LED Ribben boards to all the statiums aswell.
Haha I don't think you understand what we're saying... I wasn't talking about stats man... I was saying how the ribbon is moving in the game while the batters are up, and how in real life it could be a distraction and how it should should just be showing stats or just not moving at all while the hitters are up. Really doesn't matter though, as I don't hit or pitch from that view lol
Old 02-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #15
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
Haha I don't think you understand what we're saying... I wasn't talking about stats man... I was saying how the ribbon is moving in the game while the batters are up, and how in real life it could be a distraction and how it should should just be showing stats or just not moving at all while the hitters are up. Really doesn't matter though, as I don't hit or pitch from that view lol

Yes I know exactly what you were saying.

And if and when they add the real life LED Ribben Boards it will fix your issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #16
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanson93
Yeah, it will be tough. I'm contemplating trying another team since the Twins are going to be rated so low. Since the game is so hard for me, I don't think I will have a lot of fun using a really bad team....

But I will probably cave, suck it up and use them anyway...
See for me I could never use a different team. I wouldn't be loyal to my beloved Twins and my favorite franchise in all of sports. The only time I ever start another franchise is if it's the Cubs or a fantasy draft. Just like you though I struggle at times. I really should say that I'm a bad hitter, but I consider myself to be a really good pitcher on difficult settings. Hitting is a bit different though. I have a tough time being patient.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »