Home

MLB 2K12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 2K12 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3, Post Impressions Here

So far only Feliz and Westbrook pitching, anyone see others?
Old 02-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #18
Pro

Re: MLB 2K12 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
So far only Feliz and Westbrook pitching, anyone see others?
I've seen almost all of the pitchers except Darvish and Carpenter.
I'm not sure if this was a glitch or something, but I got 9 innings through in my 1st game. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 02-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #19
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz87
There is no strategy to batting, pretty much swing at every pitch in the strike zone and hope you get a hit with no rhyme or reason to it.

Pitching is still boring and feels like a chore more than a battle of wits with the batter.
So batting is too simple, but pitching is too much of a chore? Sounds like you can't be pleased.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #20
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Ok after a bit:
It's 2K. I actually had fun playing it. Some issues obviously like some of the animations are herky jerky, catcher throwing ball back to pitcher with a cannon, balls not bouncing off the tarp etc...
Some IMO minor issues. I've never been a fan of the path they took with player models and textures but it is what it is.
I seen some really nice animations and overall the game was fun.
I really like the outfield play.
If I only had a 360 I wouldn't be disappointed as long as the franchise aspect was solid.
Being a huge baseball fan I have to get all available, if they are remotely fun and offer something different.

Anyways not going to nitpick all the things and take it for what it is.

Seems like a fun baseball game that I'll surely play from time to time.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 02-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #21
MVP

I have played the demo 3 times. The best way I can summarize my impressions is this:
  • If you like 2K11 - there are a lot of things you will see in the demo that you will like. That graphics seems better (except the faces - still hit or miss with that), the animations seem smoother, and the new throwing meter is cool.
  • If you didn't like 2K11 - this gme is not going to convert you. At the end of the day - it's still the same game - just improved. But it's NOT a major deviation from the formula and graphics that it has been for the past 3 years by any stretch. 2K at this point is what it is.

I personally was not a huge fan of 2K11 but I am ready to give this game a real shot because there arethings that I see I really like (and I am REALLY ready for a change.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #22
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

I'll be very honest even though i already gave my opinion of the game demo.

In no way can this demo be a judge of the game. This game is very stripped down and is almost unfair to even give an impression on.

I play with different camera angles than the ones given at default here as I do not like the batting cam.

I was very :| about my playtime with it.

One and done.

I'm hoping to find out if its any good come March 6th
Old 02-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #23
Rookie

blkprince04's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm liking it's so far.much smoother sharper cleaner.hit. variety Is good...few jerky animations but No game killer... I don't like when the baseruners run they run with their head up that's a No no... but so far Im liking It....the gloves, shoes. batting gloves and Jersey's look good.. although the gloves,shoes and batting gloves aren't name brands none the less. they look nicely done......

Last edited by blkprince04; 02-28-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #24
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

How many innings? I didn't see anyone confirm it.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »