Home

MLB 2K12 Player and Team Ratings

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Player and Team Ratings within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
Banned

Zombeels's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 2K12 Player and Team Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast780
If it were than wouldn't Prince be a free agent and not on the team? I expect the Brewers could contend for NL Central with that pitching staff and not a bad offense but top 5 is questionable. My top 5, which should be teams where not making/winning the World Series would go down as a huge disappointment.

1. Rangers
2. Phillies
3. Yankees
4. Tigers
5. Giants

5 is up for grabs. I coulda made a case for Red Sox and Angels as well.
The Giants' offense is just awful.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombeels
The Giants' offense is just awful.
Pitching plus Buster Posey coming back, they're going to contend.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #11
Rookie

PackerBacker123's Arena

OVR: 6
brew crew!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9
I wouldn't take too much stock into some of these ratings. They don't even have Dave Robertson listed at middle reliever and the guy had a 1.08era and 100Ks in 66Ip....BUT they have Phil Hughes listed as a middle relieve even though he started all but three of his 17 appearances.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #13
Banned

Zombeels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
I wouldn't take too much stock into some of these ratings. They don't even have Dave Robertson listed at middle reliever and the guy had a 1.08era and 100Ks in 66Ip....BUT they have Phil Hughes listed as a middle relieve even though he started all but three of his 17 appearances.
Robertson is listed as a middle reliever.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 12
Yeah, the Yankees added Eric Chavez. Name me the last time he was good hitter. Seriously. The dude is injury riddled and even when he is healthy, hasn't hit over .270 since 2004 and this is a guy that is supposed to be a great addition? Sure, he might be good with the glove at the hot corner, but he can't hit anymore. Pineda, in 28 starts with the Mariners last season had a 3.74 ERA. Not great. Not bad, but nothing to get overly excited about. Maybe he will be great. But, as of today, nothing special.

And also, can we officially stop jumping on the Andruw Jones bandwagon? Please... How is bringing in an injury-prone outfielder who hasn't hit above .260 since 06 a good addition? I don't understand it... here are his batting averages from the past 5 seasons... 2007: .222, 2008: .158, 2009: .214, 2010; .230, and 2011: .247. This is a good addition? yikes, the numbers would say otherwise. And I get it... he was hurt in 08 and 09 and he's always hit a lot of home runs, but so what? Who cares if he hits a homer with nobody on in the 8th when you have 6-1 lead after starting the game 0-3 with 2 strikeouts? How is that productive in your lineup?

I just don't understand what these 2k12 people are looking at. It took me literally 2.5 minutes to find those stats on the players I mentioned. I guess maybe being a .260 hitter is considered awesome now that it warrants a team having a 95 overall rating. I hope that's not the case, because if so, man have our standards dropped.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 12
And then the past two seasons, Teixeira has really trended downward in hitting. Last season he hit .248, which is awful for where he is in the lineup and in 2010 he hit .256. Again, pretty bad for the 3 or 4 hole in the lineup. 09 was his last big year. I know he had over 200 RBIs the past couple seasons, so he has been productive there, I guess I just don't get how he is rated so highly still. So all that matters is homers and RBIs? Yeah, he might go back to his 09 form, but that's not guaranteed, and it's a grave mistake by 2k12 to assume he would after the past two seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #16
Banned

Zombeels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd84
Yeah, the Yankees added Eric Chavez. Name me the last time he was good hitter. Seriously. The dude is injury riddled and even when he is healthy, hasn't hit over .270 since 2004 and this is a guy that is supposed to be a great addition? Sure, he might be good with the glove at the hot corner, but he can't hit anymore. Pineda, in 28 starts with the Mariners last season had a 3.74 ERA. Not great. Not bad, but nothing to get overly excited about. Maybe he will be great. But, as of today, nothing special.

And also, can we officially stop jumping on the Andruw Jones bandwagon? Please... How is bringing in an injury-prone outfielder who hasn't hit above .260 since 06 a good addition? I don't understand it... here are his batting averages from the past 5 seasons... 2007: .222, 2008: .158, 2009: .214, 2010; .230, and 2011: .247. This is a good addition? yikes, the numbers would say otherwise. And I get it... he was hurt in 08 and 09 and he's always hit a lot of home runs, but so what? Who cares if he hits a homer with nobody on in the 8th when you have 6-1 lead after starting the game 0-3 with 2 strikeouts? How is that productive in your lineup?

I just don't understand what these 2k12 people are looking at. It took me literally 2.5 minutes to find those stats on the players I mentioned. I guess maybe being a .260 hitter is considered awesome now that it warrants a team having a 95 overall rating. I hope that's not the case, because if so, man have our standards dropped.
You really don't know much about baseball, do ya kiddo?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »