Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13: Master Collector's Edition Details

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13: Master Collector's Edition Details within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13: Master Collector's Edition Details

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Got this from EA this morning in our inbox, full details of the Masters Collector's Edition:

Quote:
"Are you looking for the most immersive Masters Tournament experience? With Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13: The Masters Collector’s Edition you can take your Masters Tournament experience to the next level! Play Augusta National Golf Club’s famed Par 3 Course, experience an authentic Green Jacket Presentation, perfect your skills on Augusta National’s world-class Tournament Practice Facility, walk the hallowed grounds of Augusta National Golf Club like never before, unlock exclusive pro shop items, as well as receive five additional championship PDLC courses!

The five additional championship courses include:
1. PGA National Course
2. Pinehurst Resort (No. 2 Course)
3. Oakmont
4. The Old White TPC (formerly Greenbrier)
5. Straits Course at Whistling Straits

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13: The Masters Collector’s Edition will be available for $69.99."

What do you think? Is it worth the extra $10 price of entry?
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13: Master Collector's Edition Details

Is that all the info they put out today? I'm not sure what the point of giving us a date to release info for this when we already knew about this stuff weeks ago. I was hoping they would offer some tidbits about career mode instead of just a 1 minute video. I guess it's worth it for the extra courses but not for a 10 second cutscene.

This new TSC (and the supposedly improved graphics, chipping\short game and ball physics) needs to blow me away tomorrow to preorder this if they are not offering anything new with career mode. I'm so on the fence with this game. I need my video game fix but asking us to spend another $100 for the game\DLC where there is really no offline replay value and career may be just a carbon copy of TW12 is making it tough.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13
Worth it, mostly for the extra courses.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Worth it, especially if preordered from Amazon. You get a $10 credit toward a future purchase there, making it essentially the same cost as the retail price for the regular version.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
I haven't bought a TW game in a while so $10 for 5 extra championship courses seems like a good deal. Don't know what the DLC courses normally run. Also hoping the additional Par 3 course will be good fun on the Kinect.

Thought it was an interesting idea how they said coins you earn during gameplay can be traded for rounds on DLC courses you haven't purchased so that may be an alternative for those not wanting to pay for additional courses. As long as the coin converstion rate is not to ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
MVP

Santino's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Worth it, especially if preordered from Amazon. You get a $10 credit toward a future purchase there, making it essentially the same cost as the retail price for the regular version.
I think I'll go this route. I wanted the bonus course from GameStop but with release day shipping, it's almost $80.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #7
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
This exactly. The credit makes this a good value.

I was kind of on the fence for this year's installment too, but I'll likely cave. I've played the hell out of 11 with about 120 rounds, and 12 with 170+ rounds. More than my money's worth!

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 03-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #8
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
I am thinking about getting this with amazon. I skipped last years version, even though I was really excited about Augusta National being a part of the game finally. With the Amazon deal, this is almost sure buy for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »