Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2012, 06:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions

The Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 demo is available now for 360, later today on PS3. Play a few holes and let us know what you think.

Full press release below.

TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 13 DEMO NOW AVAILABLE –
CREATE YOUR SHOT AT AUGUSTA NATIONAL GOLF CLUB!

Demo the All-New Swing Mechanic and Kinect for Xbox 360 Integration at Augusta National Golf Club and The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Resort

March 6, 2012 – Kick off your golf season today by experiencing the all-new swing mechanic in the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 demo, now available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3! Once again gamers have the opportunity to walk the hallowed grounds of Augusta National Golf Club and get a sneak peak at The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Resort, host of the 2012 PGA Championship. Gamers get the opportunity to play holes 14, 15 and 16 at Augusta National Golf Club and the opening three holes from The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Resort. As gamers take on these championship courses, they also can experience the most comprehensive swing mechanic revamp in franchise history, giving fans unprecedented swing control with Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 and allowing for more than 62 million shot combinations

The Xbox 360 version of the demo supports Kinect for Xbox 360 integration and is the first-ever voice-enabled and controller-free sports simulation game. Kinect tracks full body movements to create the most advanced virtual golf swing to date. Improved gameplay support for the PlayStation Move controller has also been added for the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 demo.

Get a head start on creating your own Online Country Club. Starting today, gamers can go to http://www.easports.com/countryclubs and create their own Country Club, customize the club logo and invite friends – all in preparation to gain quicker access to exclusive golf courses or compete against other club members for the coveted Club Championship once Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 ships!

Get a leg up on your competition. Everyone who downloads the demo receives a special Pin Pack that can be used to receive different types of boosts and gameplay enhancements in the full version* of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13: The Masters Collector’s Edition goes on sale in North America on March 27 and worldwide on March 30, and is available on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles. The Collector’s Edition provides fans with the ultimate Masters experience including exclusive access to Augusta National Golf Club’s Tournament practice facility, Augusta National’s famous Par 3 course, an authentic Green Jacket Presentation and it comes packed with five additional courses in addition to the courses that appear in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 will be participating in the EA SPORTS Season Ticket** program that provides four premium benefits for an annual fee of $24.99 or 2000 Microsoft Points. EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers will be provided full-game digital download of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 three days before retail launch, a 20-percent discount on downloadable game content; free premium web content and membership recognition. EA SPORTS Season Ticket is available on PS3™ and Xbox 360 in North America, and Xbox 360 in Europe, Australia and New Zealand. For more information on the program – including subscription instructions, please visit http://www.easports.com/seasonticket.

To see additional information regarding Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13: The Masters Collector’s Edition visit http://www.easports.com/golf.

* INTERNET CONNECTION AND ORIGIN ACCOUNT (EA) REGISTRATION REQUIRED. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER. EA ONLINE PRIVACY POLICY AND TERMS OF SERVICE CAN BE FOUND AT www.ea.com. THE SAME ORIGIN ACCOUNT MUST BE USED IN BOTH THE DEMO AND THE FULL PRODUCT IN ORDER TO RECEIVE BONUS.

** CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS APPLY. SEE HTTP://WWW.EASPORTS.COM/SEASONTICKET FOR DETAILS.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 Demo available now, Post impressions here

Uhhhhhh... what can I say? I'm rather disappointed with what I've seen and experienced in this demo. I find the interface to be rather clunky feeling. For starters, the animations of the three included golfers are choppy and seem to be skipping or missing frames. There's no fluidity that I can find between the stick movement and the animation. I can't use the animation as a gauge to get a feel for what I'm doing, and that's critical in Tournament difficulty. I always get a "slow" tempo report no matter what I do with the stick.

I'm really shocked at what they've done with the putting. It seems like they've scaled the maximum distance for the putt to the distance you've targeted to within 20% or so. You can set your aiming cursor at 20 feet and have a full rip at it and it will go 25 feet. I don't like the feel of that at all.

I'm curious to see what others think, but I'm sorta in shock right now
Old 03-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
Rookie

rd1981's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't see the game in the marketplace yet, I'm not sure if it's because im not on the gold membership anymore or not. But I do see the other demos mlb2k12 is there.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd1981
I don't see the game in the marketplace yet, I'm not sure if it's because im not on the gold membership anymore or not. But I do see the other demos mlb2k12 is there.
I'm not a gold member either and I usually don't get demos until a week later.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #5
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

I recall it saying "Gold Membership" exclusive somewhere during my selection. I've got a Gold Membership. Don't feel left out; you aren't missing much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #6
Rookie

rd1981's Arena

OVR: 0

oh ok thanks guys, I wasn't sure. This is my first month without the Gold membership. I didn't use any of it's benefits and didn't see a big difference in the regular membership. But I guess I can wait. I just wanted to see how TW13 would work with Kinect.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Uhhhhhh... what can I say? I'm rather disappointed with what I've seen and experienced in this demo. I find the interface to be rather clunky feeling. For starters, the animations of the three included golfers are choppy and seem to be skipping or missing frames. There's no fluidity that I can find between the stick movement and the animation. I can't use the animation as a gauge to get a feel for what I'm doing, and that's critical in Tournament difficulty. I always get a "slow" tempo report no matter what I do with the stick.

I'm really shocked at what they've done with the putting. It seems like they've scaled the maximum distance for the putt to the distance you've targeted to within 20% or so. You can set your aiming cursor at 20 feet and have a full rip at it and it will go 25 feet. I don't like the feel of that at all.

I'm curious to see what others think, but I'm sorta in shock right now
What a joke. Honestly I am really not suprised that TW13 has regressed back to it's arcade roots. We really need new developers for a PGA golf game. How many times can EA screw things up before gamers have had enough. Hopefully sales take a tank this year (and based on the demo it probably will) and EA gives up the license and lets someone else have a crack at it.

I do feel bad for you though but what is puzzling is even if the demo is somewhat broken that doesn't explain the new putting model and there were some "sim" gamers on EA's site who were praising everything about the game when they played it. Nobody bothered to mention that the putting is back to it's arcade roots, that's a weird oversight and or EA cheerleading has gotten to a point that thier objectivity can't be taken seriously.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I do feel bad for you though but what is puzzling is even if the demo is somewhat broken that doesn't explain the new putting model and there were some "sim" gamers on EA's site who were praising everything about the game when they played it. Nobody bothered to mention that the putting is back to it's arcade roots, that's a weird oversight and or EA cheerleading has gotten to a point that thier objectivity can't be taken seriously.
Who said it is "back to its arcade roots"? I did not find that to be the case at all in my time at Tiburon last week and having played 2 rounds of the demo using Kinect in Tournament difficulty, I can tell you that this is flat out wrong from what I can see so far. Have you even downloaded the demo? Don't have much time to spend with the demo right now as I am preparing to go overseas tomorrow, but I will get to play it overseas. I will try the controller then....

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »