Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #17
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions

cant wait for this....been on a hot shots tear lately with Vita so i'm trying this when i get offf work
Old 03-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
I have officially gotten tired of the..... I went str8 to tourney difficulty crowd and could not figure it out so it sucks crowd....... Play pro first... Then tour pro... Then after you have a feel for the game... Play tourney....

This is not 12.... And is not easy.... Tempo is everything and you have to swing more than twice to figure it out....

Do not complain about the game being too easy, then bitch when they make it harder..... Your hypocrisy is stunning... Give this time.. I loved the demo and will work to figure it all out when it come out....

Btw.. This goes more to the ea forum crowd than here.... Some of those guys are maddening...
Well said.....
Old 03-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #19
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Guys, I just learned that I was way offbase with some of my comments about the new swing mechanic. I was having problems getting a full backswing (often no further than ~70%) with two controllers I tried, and then this happened:

I tried my third controller and had the same 65-70% maximum backswing and thought... what the heck is going on here!? I should have thought of this earlier, but I went into the gameplay options and switched to the right stick. Lo and behold, I've now got a full backswing, including the full overswing region! The problem is that I stink with the right thumbstick.

I picked up my 4th controller, the black one that came with my XBox 360 slim and its left stick performed like the right stick in the 3rd controller I tried. I know I've got issues with the left stick now on at least the 3rd controller because while I was swinging with the right stick, the cursor on the strike meter was drifting, on its own, off the top of the ball during my backswing, in Amateur! What are the odds that I have three wireless controllers whose left thumbstick problems were so peculiar that they didn't manifest themselves until this demo? The first controller I tried is designated as my Tiger Woods controller with an etching on it and hasn't affected my backswing in Tiger 12, or my distance, yet it does exactly the same thing in the Tiger 13 demo as two of my other controllers.

Does this change the way the demo now plays for me? Absolutely! It is a better experience for sure and I can feel more of the merits of Total Swing Control as a result.

So, I'm back to being more upbeat about this game, although I still don't like the new scaled distance putting technique. It's like an analog version of what we now call "Classic Putting", where one had seven different putting ranges. I've got to go back out on a new first date with the demo now

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 03-06-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #20
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
So, I'm back to being more upbeat about this game, although I still don't like the new scaled distance putting technique. It's like an analog version of what we now call "Classic Putting", where one had seven different putting ranges. I've got to go back out on a new first date with the demo now
Here is the deal with the putting.... The version is more geared to how you set up the putt... However.... the come back putt is still really tough too... both with previews and with out... Since the tempo plays such an important role, putting is extremely difficult and will take some time to get used to on both pro and tourney difficulty...... What I do love is that you get a 2.45 multiplier for Tournament mode... The multipliers will definitely keep people from slumming it out on AM mode....

This is simply a different game. It will take some time to adjust and play accordingly. My created character will take time to build up as well. I love the challenge brought back to the game and I truly doubt -32 scores will be posted regularly...even on AM mode.....

Enjoy, and get in a Country Club.... mine is Total Online Play .... our website is www.totalonlineplay.com ............ we are for more mature gamers and want a combination of dedication to the game with a good sense of humor..... it will take a special 15 year old to want to play with us...... If you post on the website.. I will give you the pw to join...

Late,

The Guru
Old 03-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #21
The buzz is palpable now!

sportznut02's Arena

OVR: 32

I wish the Playstation Store would hurry up and update so I can play the demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 14

I played a few holes with the kinect and found the game too easy even on tour difficulty. I made a conscience effort to hit bad shots, they were off course but not nearly as bad as it should be. The fact that the kinect does not appear to detect wrist position at contact probably contributes to this. Hopefully the ps move is more difficult.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
I played a few holes with the kinect and found the game too easy even on tour difficulty. I made a conscience effort to hit bad shots, they were off course but not nearly as bad as it should be. The fact that the kinect does not appear to detect wrist position at contact probably contributes to this. Hopefully the ps move is more difficult.
Shot +10 and +8 in Tournament difficulty with Kinect. Went down to Pro and shot -1 with an eagle at Augusta, so there is something going on with your settings as Tournament mode I am spraying the ball all over the course....
Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Shot +10 and +8 in Tournament difficulty with Kinect. Went down to Pro and shot -1 with an eagle at Augusta, so there is something going on with your settings as Tournament mode I am spraying the ball all over the course....
Lol, you don't understand how bad my real game is, shooting a +10 is too easy for me. On tiger woods 11 on the wii I regularly shot in the high 90s like my real game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »