Home

MLB '12: The Show Review (PS3)

This is a discussion on MLB '12: The Show Review (PS3) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #9
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB '12: The Show Review (PS3)

Agree with pretty much everything. Yes online could be more stable but for me online will always be a minor point as the single player aspect is what matters to me the most. In the end I hope it gets better but not a sticking point for me.

It's the best sports game I've ever played, period. I've played every single game in my franchise which is a first.
I plan on playing all 162 +.
The game is well deserving of the score.
Many of the "Complaints" threads, some of which directly contradict each other, are easily fixable if people would put the same effort into getting the settings right to fit their play style, as they do wanting to "Be the One" to post issues.

In the end it's a great game that's fun and enjoyable, and that's what matters to me.
When you're at work thinking how you're going to turn the season around tells me what I need to know about the game.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 03-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

great review.....just like all sports games online is on and off
Old 03-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0
Good Review, although 9 is too much love.

same old same old, not that the show needs to re invent the wheel here but somethings such as Diamond Dynasty instead of time on commentary, are questionable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 8
I usually love the reviews this site does but I felt this one was lacking detail. I wanted more of your thoughts of the overlays, the Presentation etc. A great game but still has areas that need improvement and have needed improvement for a while.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #13
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
I think this was a fair, review. That said, I think the author understated some of the CPU trades. Calling them "wonky" plays light on a situation could be very bad. There is a thread where people are listing trades and there is a listing of the Yankee's line-up that is really troubling and may be reason to have to use the 30 team control.

But I also don't expect the author to talk about something that he hasn't experienced. I do think it is a fair and well written review.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #14
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I think this was a fair, review. That said, I think the author understated some of the CPU trades. Calling them "wonky" plays light on a situation could be very bad. There is a thread where people are listing trades and there is a listing of the Yankee's line-up that is really troubling and may be reason to have to use the 30 team control.

But I also don't expect the author to talk about something that he hasn't experienced. I do think it is a fair and well written review.
The trades may still be pretty bad. Something is definitely off(RP still WAY too overvalued)
But that Yankee lineup/rotation in that thread is pure B.S.(unless it was the USER making those trades)
I simmed probably twenty times....two or three seasons in to see stacking like that and not once. Not even close.

But...I'm glad the review focused on the on field play, which is excellent.....

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #15
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
I have not seen one single off the wall in this game, but the pitchers do get a lot of balls up the middle. The review is pretty accurate I think, this game is great. As far as on-line, I just refuse to play because it always sucks for this game, but that's ok with me I prefer to play franchise or RTTS anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #16
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Good review. This is the best offline sports game I've ever played. Smooth out the online play and it would be perfect. But the gameplay itself is amazing.

Last edited by jeffy777; 03-15-2012 at 09:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »