Home

Major League Baseball 2K12 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K12 Review (360/PS3) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2012, 01:54 AM   #9
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Major League Baseball 2K12 Review (360/PS3)

As a baseball junkie who has worked for a professional organization for over 4 years, I can honestly say that 2k has definitely nailed the "fun" factor. I can't even pin point it to be honest. I played 2k11 more than the show last year (loved the commentary, stats, etc.). I hope no one renews the license so we can once again have 3-4 baseball games to choose from. I still miss the good old days when we had 5-6 choices. Hell, we even had a blitz style baseball game. Seemed like every market was targeted back then.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:35 AM   #10
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20
What's the difference between The Show's pitch confidence system and 2K Dynamic Pitching? Seems to me they are very similiar (bad result = decrease in pitch effectiveness.)
Old 03-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Nice review. I'd also place the overall around 7.5/10.
The game does some things really nicely, but it's overall polish needs more fine tuning.
I will still say that if 2K12 looked like The Show, it's score would be 8.5 or higher.

hitstreak13, I echo your sentiments. The game has flaws and bugs, but it's also incredibly fun. I'm not sure if it's the gesture-pitching or whatnot, but the game is just a blast to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2012, 08:04 AM   #12
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm gonna go get it today. Might trade Oh n the show for it. I don't have time for two baseball games.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 03-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 0

vince. . if u thinking of getting the ps3 ver goodluck.....not even close to the 360 ver.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah

For pitching, I use pitcher as some of the broadcast views feel like the hitter is like 5 feet from me.
Ahah... totally agree, the broadcast cam at camden yards for example makes hitters look like midgets compared to the pitcher...
I found Tomba's pitching cam to be perfect.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #15
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
When batting they patched in the ability to adjust the base running camera to a conventional look in 2K11. Did they remove that option this year?

I wasn't crazy about the dynamic/fluctuating pitching ratings in the demo. I do like how it changes each game and I agree with a previous comment - the Show's individual pitch confidence system is similar and I think fluctuates even more.

Great review overall Phil.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #16
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

OVR: 2
I feel like I'm the only person that can't stand 2K's analog pitching. I originally thought I didn't like it because I wasn't very good with it but throughout the years of playing either the full game or the demo for 2K's games, I've gotten to the point where I'm as good with it as I am at pitching in any other game & I'm still not a fan.

I get what it's trying to do and I think it does it well enough but I just don't find it to be an enjoyable way to pitch.

I decided to pick up The Show again this year & not 2K12 but I will say, if I didn't have a PS3, I probably would've still gotten a baseball game this year because I did find the 2K12 demo to be pretty enjoyable. I especially found that hitting was much better for me personally as I found it much easier to read pitches & hold up on balls instead of swinging at everything like I find myself doing in The Show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »