Home

Madden NFL 13 Cover Athlete Update - Cam Newton Leading The Way

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Cover Athlete Update - Cam Newton Leading The Way within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 13 Cover Athlete Update - Cam Newton Leading The Way

It's hard to vote against Cam Newton. No matter what happens, I'm starting him in my games!!!

Later
Old 03-17-2012, 02:01 AM   #18
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
I'll probably look like an idiot but when's the last time we saw a Defensive player on cover? And I am talking solo cover not the split with Larry and Troy.

Would be a nice change of pace for a defensive player to be on cover.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 03-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
It's hard to vote against Cam Newton. No matter what happens, I'm starting him in my games!!!

Later
Same here its hard to vote against Newton, being a Browns fan I traded for him in Madden 12 and he has been my starting QB since
Old 03-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I'll probably look like an idiot but when's the last time we saw a Defensive player on cover? And I am talking solo cover not the split with Larry and Troy.

Would be a nice change of pace for a defensive player to be on cover.
Ray Lewis in Madden 2005.

Coincidentally, that was also the last great Madden game.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I love defense, but I can't see putting T-Sizzle on the cover over Superman. What Newton did was just so far beyond belief that it deserves commemoration. I hated that his work got overshadowed by Tebow coverage all season long. I'm not a Carolina fan, but I'm a Cam fan now, that's for sure. That kid is amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #22
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.
TBH I always thought it should be Newton or Daulton.

LMAO....Dalton should not be anywhere the Madden cover, or even mentioned in the same breath.

He had a nice rookie season, but it was absolutely not memorable and he is not exciting to watch at all.

I dont think Cam is worthy just yet either, but at least he had a memorable rookie year and is really fun to watch.

Calvin Johnson, Patrick Willis or Jared Allen should be 3 of the top names for the cover.

Madden cover used to pay homage to the great players of the game....now EA moronically takes votes from what consists primarily of little kids and casual fans who truly dont know much about the NFL or real football in general. Thats also part of the reason the game continues to be a watered down product of the actual thing.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #23
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I love defense, but I can't see putting T-Sizzle on the cover over Superman. What Newton did was just so far beyond belief that it deserves commemoration. I hated that his work got overshadowed by Tebow coverage all season long. I'm not a Carolina fan, but I'm a Cam fan now, that's for sure. That kid is amazing.
I like Cam...he was alot of fun to watch....but you are pretty easily amazed if the bolded is true. He definitely had some wow moments, but alot of people expected that. I didnt expect his stats to be quite as gaudy, but it wasnt "far beyond belief".
Old 03-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43M
LMAO....Dalton should not be anywhere the Madden cover, or even mentioned in the same breath.

He had a nice rookie season, but it was absolutely not memorable and he is not exciting to watch at all.

I dont think Cam is worthy just yet either, but at least he had a memorable rookie year and is really fun to watch.

Calvin Johnson, Patrick Willis or Jared Allen should be 3 of the top names for the cover.

Madden cover used to pay homage to the great players of the game....now EA moronically takes votes from what consists primarily of little kids and casual fans who truly dont know much about the NFL or real football in general. Thats also part of the reason the game continues to be a watered down product of the actual thing.
So, what's wrong with everyone voting for Gabbert then?? Now, he's fun to watch!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »