Home

Revisiting College Hoops 2K8

This is a discussion on Revisiting College Hoops 2K8 within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #17

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
I want to buy this game again...but I heard the servers are shut down for ps3 so you can't get the rosters for this season. I do not have the time to edit them all myself. I wish I could find a way to get the rosters or find the time and resources to edit them all myself.
Not true, you can still get rosters on the PS3.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #18
Rookie

Mr. Rad's Arena

OVR: 5
Best console sports game I've ever played period. I don't find the gameplay lacking, although I am not trying this after playing the current NBA games.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:28 AM   #19
bhl
Rookie

One of the coolest moments I ever had in 2k8 was when I was recruiting in Legacy mode. I had two players that were of the same class, same city. I realized that I was recruiting twins.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #20
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Somebody please make a new college basketball game.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:36 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0
Legacy mode was/is the bomb, but I tried to play it the other day, and it is just too old now. It is sad. I played more seasons in Legacy than I have in any other game. I was trying to get to Kansas and was in my 5th year or so at Wichita State. I just can't play it anymore. It looks like they are skating and the post is horrible. It had a nice run though. Lasted longer in my play cycle than any other sports game (till last year).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2012, 04:26 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 33
I did pick up College Hoops In 2010. Although very impressed with the depth & the level of customisation in the game the visuals & gameplay led me to shelve the game pretty quickly.
I totally agree if 2K could take their NBA game engine into the college arena then we would have something special.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4
i guess im one of the few who has no problem with the old gameplay...i love it
Old 03-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #24
Rookie

Re: Revisiting College Hoops 2K8

I guess I'm one of the only few that still enjoys this game over the newer games as well. I have NBA 2k12 for the PC and occasionally have my moments when I drop CH 2k8 and play that game straight for about 2-3 days, but strangely always end up finding my way back to CH 2k8 where I will go on 1-2 week streaks playing 1-2 games a day in my open legacy with Kansas.

Sure, the game is outdated, but I still get an awesome college basketball experience with the game with each game I play that I can't find in any current NBA 2k games. The graphics are good enough for me to enjoy the experience. The only thing that would be better to me right now is for 2k to revive the CH 2k franchise and give us a new game.

Hell, even if EA decided to comeback with a college basketball game, I'm willing to hop on the bandwagon if they decide to make the game super deep like CH 2k8.

Last edited by strobox88; 03-20-2012 at 11:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »