Home

OS Roundtable: Have you Ever Completed a 162 Game Season?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Have you Ever Completed a 162 Game Season? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Roundtable: Have you Ever Completed a 162 Game Season?

Total immersion is all gamers want these days. They want accurate stats, seedings and signings. Well, what better way to experience this total immersion in an MLB game than completing a 162-game season? It's one feat that many, even our staff writers, struggle with.

So staff writers, have you ever finished a 162-game season?

Read More - OS Roundtable: Have you Ever Completed a 162 Game Season?
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: OS Roundtable: Have you Ever Completed a 162 Game Season?

Good read.

Matt Coe has some nice points about ASB2005. Very good game.
I loved(LOVE) every minute of that game.
The only thing holding it back was the clunky editor. That game would have lived forever if either
A. They gave us an editor that was more open,.
B. Someone(I'm looking at you Flyin' Finn....I offered you straight cash money for that editor!!!!) made a PC editor for that game.

That being said....I've done many 162 seasons. Usually at least one(my second or third in the franchise...as I too like the off season to mold the team into my style)...but it's a bit easier for me as I play in Manage only Mode and can have the game playing while I do something else and only have to step in when I feel necessary. So there is that caveat.

I think the Vita and cross platform saves is going to open up how many guys actually finish 162 game seasons.....so this staff pretty much touched on everything!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
Pro

dbacks_Nation's Arena

OVR: 7

I've always finished my 162 game seasons, but they do take like 3-4 months..... I might sim 1-2 games a series this season though, speed up the process and get the best out of the OSFM.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

I am not even going to lie, I have not even come close to finishing a season ever. I always have intentions to finish, but, I never do mainly due to starting over my in-progress season and other games in the collection.

This year I am really enjoying the game so hopefully this will be the year that I play (don't want to sim any games) all 162.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 03-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

Trying this year for the first time. Doing a 144-game AAA season with my local team, though. Pacing it at one game a day, and so far I'm on track with 22 in 22.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
I played 162 On ASB '05...BUT, I was using a generated 2-1 pitch count which really sped things up. So there is an * on this accomplishment.

It isn't so much that I don't have enough video game time to play 162, but I am playing basketball and NHL games into June. And once August roles around, football games are taking a piece of the pie.

The other issue I run into with 162, is that by the time game #80 rolls around, my skills are much different that they were at game #1. So then it becomes a whole slider/settings fiasco.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #7
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
I finished several 162 game seasons every year in this game in RttS. But those are obviously a much shorter sample size of play time.

I have yet to finish a full season in this series. Came close. Not that I don't want to, just sometimes time constraints come into play since I play a lot of RttS. I however feel I may achieve this with the Vita cross play as Knight mentioned.

ASB however I finished many, as well as MVP. But I had way more play time back then, and less gameplay options such as (RttS, DD, etc).
Old 03-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #8
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Finished a full year and a half in 11 with my Reds Franchise. Won the World Series my first year and began to fall off half way in year two.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »